Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove mss tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please see the screenshot

How to remove MSS Tabs Ex:-Team,Budget.Project,Planning also i want to add same place Release Working Time Data

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the property of the page as shown in the attached screenshot in the MSS role from Content administration.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jyothi

Can you please give me path in portal side for removing tabs

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Content administration->Portal Content ->Content Provided by SAP -> Line Manager -> ADD on for Manager Self Service -> Roles

Select the Manager Self-Service Role and change the property of the iview as shown in the above screenshot.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyothi iam working on EHP6 -7.3 version

Please see the below screenshot its not showing change the property of the iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi neha ,

kindly check the navigation ......

content admin > portal content > content providede by sap > line manager > Add on Manager self service> Roles > MSS > right click on it and select Roles and in that select MSS > OVERVIEW and uncheck the fields which you want to hide in MSS .....and refersh the page or press F5  and check ...all the best ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great--> Malyadri  but its working only 1 user, also i copied same user to other user  but its not working  any ideas ..

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the portal administrator user to do the above then it will be applicable for users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks srikanth.

Also please help me how to maintain display mode in portal side SSN Number

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

What do you mean by SSN number, and where it is ? I am not sure what you are talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth - SSN=social security number , my user requirement is in ESS portal side Personal Data [usa]under SSN number need to be display mode . how to maintain display mode in portal side SSN

Number

Please see the below screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

In which mode ur working. is it JAVA or ABAP. if its ABAP then refer this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3456559

If its JAVA then u need to do personalize the screen. Ctrl + Right click on the unwanted field wont be so handy for u. In such case normally we find the Webdynpro DC's for Personal data & then go to NWDS & NWDI as there we make such kinds of changes. and this is very lengthy procedure. This can be done by a portal consultant who have good exposure on these.

Hope this info will be helpful

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi neha ,

this parameter READ_ONLY_PERSONAL_PROFILE = X in  pfcg t -code -> go to your role -> go to menu tab -> select application > press details button> Enter the parameter and value ....or  this can be configured using customizing view V_T7XSSPERSUBTY or BAdI HRXSS_PER_SUBTYPE ..try this once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Oh Social Security Number .....

Never though that you are working on US project, my mistake.

Let me know your application (Personal Profile / Personal Data ) in LPD_CUST.

You can do this as display only by making application level settings in SE80. If you have basic knowledge of WD-ABAP.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neha,

Please go to the Content Administration -> Portal content management - > Portal content and after that select the MSS role which you have assigned to the users and open the role.

In that you have option to display or hide the required tabs in the MSS role to the end user.

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

you can hide those Tabs in MSS by opening the MSS role & select the manager self service workset & click on open

now you can disable/remove the tabs by un-checking the check box.

by doing this actvity we can get the following results

Its always a good practice that you make a copy of the std roles & edit them, and finally assign that Z-Role to all the users. make sure that you have assigned those roles to the desired employee's from User Administration. provide the user name & click on modify and navigate to Assigned roles. select the copied roles by using search & Add them to the users.

Note: make sure you work on super Admin user

Try these steps as described & let me know the results, hope this solves ur issue

Cheers

Pradyp