cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving(transporting) Class/Char/phrase from Dev to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new CLASS with CHARACTERISTICS and PHRASES for SAP IH  in our Development environment.

I now want to move the CLASS (TAB page) with everything included to our Quality (and then later Production) environments.  Preferably with a transport number.

The only way I know currently is to create everything manually in every box!!!

I can upload the phrases with a LSMW.

Any ideas/guideline out there please?

Regards

Marieta

PS - we are not on EHSM .......... using version before that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member546455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have set-up  RFC connections for your boxes, then you can move it via

BD91 - Characteristics

BD92 - Class

It will post via IDOC's

Thanks

Sashi

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Just a comment here.

For phrases, normally it shall go from production to quality and then dev because this is the master data. But not sure if for phrases in IH, it's only used for kind of config.

And you can export phrases by using *.dat file format and load them through CG31.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

First time i am hearing RRD-->QA--> DEV, How is possible? Would you please give some example please?

Whatever, As per ASAP, we will go  Golden--> QA--> PRD .Event you can't move TR in PRD. you can move till QA(If you have authorization only). else, we need to request to Basis team to move.

Dev Clint --> Developers can use this client to test their Customizing settings and then move to Golden Client.

As per your thread,Data import and data export option available in Phrase Management. 

In classic version the basic data and tools supports to creating a first database as well as with data import and data export in productive systems.

Means you can exchange data between the following system constellations: 

·Two SAP systems

· One client to another client.

You can import and export the following data:

· Sources

· Phrases

· Specifications (including dangerous goods data)

· Property trees and even Report templates.

Edward

former_member215519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edward, what I mean is from user side, not from configuration side.

You are correct, during setup, we do in DEV and testing and then go to production system. The same is true for content provider phrases, we load them in DEV and quality for test and finally if no problem, we do the upload in production enviroment.

But from actual user side, say hazcom users, MSDS authors, they only create new phrases in production, they won't do it in quality or DEV. So in order to keep the system consistent, we also need to export those phrases from production and upload to lower enviroments. It will benifit for future testing and development. That's why I say master data normally comes from production to testing system.

Hope I am clear now.

Thanks.

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks John

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Marieta,

Did you managed to get a solution to move the Class with the Characteristics link to it?

I will appreciate if you can share with me.

Kind regards

Miempie

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

So you created class, VAT, characteristics, assigned characteristics to class. The you created phrases, phrase sets, and phrase set assignments. That's how I understood it.

After you created the VAT and saved, this action should have prompted the system to ask for a transport, so I guess you assigned one. In the next tep, you should create the appropriate table-based value assignments for your class and manually assign these entries to the very same transport. Then you bring the transport into Q.

The next step is to create a property tree that contains your new class. Export (NOT transport!) this tree and import it into Q via transaction CG35. This will bring the class, characteristics and their assignment into Q.

Later push the transport from Q to P followed by import of the same property tree.

For the phrases, unfortunately they cannot be transported. But you can export/import them including their assignments to phrase sets. The phrase sets themselves have to be set up manually in each system or you do it automatically in TR CGCZ.

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph, Thanks for info.

I must admit I have not worked with property tree and will investigate it further.

Regards

Marieta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marie

If you want to transfer the object with Transport Request number from Development system to Quality .

First Ensure that Releasing of  the Transport requests & Tasks for Particular object in the Dev environment

Execute the T.Code "STMS_import"  in Target system (Quality Environment) .Automatically released Transport object in the Dev will be appeared in Quality ( In Real time Environment RFC will configure in b/w Dev , Quality & Prod).

Click on desired T.R Object Number and click on import request button (Highlighted in Yellow).

If you are not Authorized for above T.Code , Contact Basis person and inform the T.R Numbers ,they will  perform  the same task.

In quality you have to test these objects again if those are succeeded , then again you have release Transport Request & Task  here for moving in to Production Environment.

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balajee,  Thanks for reply - we have a formal transport process in place,my problem is to get the changes into a transport.  The other replies helped me ............ however no transport facility.

Regards

Marieta

former_member209335
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mari,

The Note describes some methods, choose the method that meets your requirements.

1146700 - Transferring the standard database structure

Edward