cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori- Print Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Fiori include print functionality?  When trying to print a timesheet we utilized the browser print functionality - in Safari we were unable to print the timesheet.  It is showing up blank in the print preview.  Is this a Safari issue or does Fiori block printing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christi,

It works with Chrome browser on desktop. How you tested with other browsers?

Could you share business use case? Why printing is required and where does the printed paper go? Should printed timesheet be filed for 8 years like financial document?

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We have not done full testing yet - I was inquiring about the expected result.

The business use case is that hourly employees appreciate the ability to print their timecards so they can compare it to their paystubs.

Thanks,

Christi

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christi,

How do you operate the process before implementing Fiori app? Do you print out the ESS or SAPGUI page? There is no print function on timesheet app level.

I would like to learn the business use case. My understanding is that employees do not believe the payment and would like to double check with timesheet. But it is too late make a change after payment.

How about this solution? It depends on the timesheet closing date and payment date. The point is avoid issues before payment.

+ Timesheet close date at end of month. Nov.31

+ Timesheet summary in PDF is sent out by email from ERP. Dec.1

Please confirm you timesheet by Dec.5 and payment will be executed on Dec.15.

Other idea is that payment PDF includes timesheet data at the end of PDF page.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

AlexDong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Actually i encountered the same issue as i want to print the whole page, which is made up by several panels inside one verticalLayout. However, when i click the "print" button in Chrome, I got only the first panel which can be seen in the head. The other panels not visible in screen are not printed. Is there any support for "printer friendly version"?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

After writing the table HTML into the iframe:

var report = document.getElementById('idReportView--idReportTable-listUl').outerHTML;

iframe.document.write(head, '<body class="sapUiBody">', report ,'</body>');

I use this js in my app to print a table:

var iframe = window.frames["idPrintReprot"];

iframe.focus();

iframe.print();

the js .print() is working in chrome browser in desktop and safari browser in iPad, but it is not working in the ( SAP Fiori Client ios App ).

How can I make the ( SAP Fiori Client ios App ) works like the iPad safari browser and run the js .print() ?

DAlpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi altogether,

for a customer of use we need a general print functionality within the Fiori APPs - for example they have a list of stocks Items and  with some Filters he gets a smaller list - for this list they need a print functionality. Other example are FactSheets and Analytical APPs they want to print.

Is there something on the Road Map for Fiori or SAPUI5?

Any idea how to realize this?

Best Regards

Dominik

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

This functionality is now available in latest Fiori Client.

login to Fiori launchpad

Open any app

Open the page you want to print.

Double tap

Go to settings->Print

Print or save as pdf.

Your Device should be connected to Printer

Regards,

Tejas

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Fiori client is intended solely for mobile right?

What about the desktop? Do we have access to something similar? Will it be the same output whether you print from the browser or from the Fiori client ?

Thanks in advance for your insighs.

Best regards,

Guillaume

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i have just checked that the functionality exist.

In browser if you use fiori, you can directly hit ctrl p ,

Output will be for sure same in client and desktop, as the data shown is same . Only the view screen will be small.

I hope you are using fiori in browser. In mobile we dont have such features available and hence, fiori client suffice the requirement. Print option inside the app, is not required.

Reg

Tejas

DAlpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

thanks for your reply. Printing the screen is nice, but we need more.

The problem is that we have to print also the non visible Part of the screen. For example there is a table with 50 rows - in the screen you can see 15 of them --> we have to print the whole List/Table with all the 50 rows.

Our focus is Desktop - mobile is not important for the customer (nice to have)

Is there any idea to solve this issue?

Best Ragards

Dominik

soldner
Participant
0 Kudos

I cannot speak about Fiori, but we have a BSP for EE timesheets.  It is coded with HTML5 and JQuery.

We still must provide a print version of it for those EEs without computer access.  Think construction road crews.

What we have found, is print is mostly controlled by the browser, some by the PC settings, some by the printer settings.

We can print using all Browsers, but it will look a bit different on different printers.

Hope this helps!

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do agree... Using responsive design to its full extent, one could have hoped to leverage it for printing as well!