cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCMPF Start Application does not show FPM based Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue: I am using the standard delivered HR Administrator role. However in the portal I can only see processes that use ADOBE forms and not the ones with FPM forms. ( All basic configuration for Start Application is in place ).

The HR Admin role uses application ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_FPM, This application is not fetching FPM based processes, however I do see the FPM processes if I execute ASR_PROCESS_START_OVP (via SE80)

Question:

1. Do I need to make a change to the HR Admin role to use ASR_PROCESS_START_OVP instead of the standard delivered ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_FPM ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.  You will have to use the new application.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reponse Sahir.

What I am probably confused is why has SAP not included an iview which uses the new application ASR_PROCESS_START_OVP in the new HR-Admin role by default if that is the one which is supposed to pull up both ADOBE as well as FPM based processes.

The Start application documented in SAP Help at this link

http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/37/97842286304ba989929d4d52d75fc9/content.htm

This is the application which comes in the new HR-Admin role, but it does not pull FPM based processes.( I checked the code in debug mode for this application and it does pull up FPM based processes.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

The standard role seems to have incorrect applications configured.

However the documented @ Start Application - HR Administrative Services (PA-AS) - SAP Library

does talk about this application.

Go ahead with using this application.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved this issue as follows. (Hope it helps someone)

1. Make a copy of the following relevant elements in the HR Admin role in the portal

• iView "Start Process for Employee
  • Page "Start Process for Employee"

( Just so as not to touch standard delivered components.)

2. Change the following iview parameters in the portal config.

• Application name = ASR_PROCESS_START_OVP
  • Configuration name = ASR_PROCESS_START_OVP_CFG.
  • Incase you would want to use this iview for a role other than HR Admin then you might need to use the parameter INITIATOR_ROLE=HRASRB(Manager) etc. or can append addition app parameters like PROCESS_GROUP, PROCESS etc with an & sign.

3. include this iview in the copied page and include the page in the appropriate workset in the role.

4. Test from the portal with the relevant role (HRAdmin/Manager/Employee etc as required)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created Contract Extension form using FPM for HR Renewal, but unable to connect to landing page.

Can anyone please suggest me how to integrate and make it visible in EEPHR_MANAGER_MSS_SR_UI5_1 & EEPHR_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1 pages, I mean in Self-Services landing page?

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, this helped me lot. can we integrate FPM forms in EIC?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you should be able to add i didnt see any restriction can you chec?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this answer is late but if this helps, I got a chance to work on EIC Integration with HCMPF on my current assignment. So can confirm that you can use FPM with EIC, but its not that straight forward as it should seem.

You will need to pass the URL parameters to application ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_OVP and the initiator role should be set to 'HREICA'.

Also maintain the process group to categories/sub-categories in IMG under EIC->Application Functions->Activity->Integration with HCMPF