cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Design studio Chart Component issue ...!!

anshul_bhatt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

I am getting some problem in chart.

please help me for that issue i mention below.

I created a Chart, based on that member selection i did some calculation, and shown in a text box..

so while selecting other member it showing same result... (its not changing)

And when i m deselect one member its showing value....

So my Question is this there is any possibility like that clicking on a member will get value..?? (without deselecting another member)

Thanks for your help

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using 1.3 sp2.

I was seeing odd select behavior too.  Skimming through threads..  I saw work around where you error trap the deselect.

The deselect set the filter to " " ...  add in if statement to not act on deselect  only on select.

This noted above in the "...will not release selected item" thread

Also mentioned, to make sure chart is set to Single Selection Mode...it defaults to inclusive.

jim

0 Kudos

Interesting point about the single selection mode Jim, I will try this today to see if it circumvents the issue; in the mean time the OSS is with SAP Development.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phil

Did you get any answer from SAP on this?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Yes when we raised an OSS message it was identified as an issue, this was partially resolved in 1.5 SP02 and the functionality now works partly as expected.

There is now a further issue that relates to clicking on the same section of a chart; the script does not fire as expected the first time, however if you navigate elsewhere and then return the script then executes multiple times with no issues. We raised a separate OSS message for this, and it should be resolved in Design Studio 1.6 SP0.

Cheers,

Phil

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Design Studio 1.5 SP0 and I am also having a similar issue; whenever you clear selection from a chart it automatically fires the onSelect script once more. Was this issue ever resolved? Even in DS 1.3 SP1?

Thanks,

Phil

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this issue was resolved in DS 1.3 SP01. I am suprised that this issue is back with DS 1.5.

I would suggest you open a OSS note to SAP see what they say about it. I can guess what they would say about it. Wait for a SP01 which will come out in some period of time

What I would suggest you is that before you upgrade your DS, wait for SAP until they release an SP at least. If SAP releases something new, just wait until they release an SP and then move on. This is my experience with SAP products.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos

I find it is typically always best to wait with software releases ; but in this case the functionality in 1.5 made meeting our requirements significantly easier. Have raised an OSS note to see if they are aware of the issue.

Phil

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to know what they say about this problem. We are about to start a project and I want to test the new features of DS.

Please update it when you hear from SAP about a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same Problem here.... when i reload the data source from the chart where i made the selection, it reloads but keeps the same selection.

Regards,

Hannes

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the thread below: I think you have the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Your problem is not entirely clear to me:

- Are you selecting multiple values in your chart?

- What coding is present behind the OnSelect of the chart?

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with your questions.  Would be helpful to see the 'On Select' script, however his second screenshot looks like he has selected California and Colorado, and that the text element is only accounting for the first California selection, instead of the sum of both.  Maybe it's a case where it's picking the first element of the selection collection which may sound buggy?  All conjecture without some script tho...

anshul_bhatt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi S.van,

no i am not selecting multiple value i m just selecting a single value and want only that calculation

like while i select California get value (amount sold + margin) for California only.

that issue about like that if i want to get another member value i have to deselect the first one.

see in 2nd screenshot i clicked on Colorado but i didn't get that value its showing California value(first selection) , but when i deselect the first value i get right value.

so my question is this first i have to select one member then deselect that then i can get 2nd value...??

bharathsap
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Yes. You need to deselect a chart value in order to select another and to trigger get value.

I could think of 2 workarounds -

1. Triggering a data reload along with Chart selection event.

2. Hiding and Showing the chart.

If Chart is bound to DS_1 and On Select event of chart is as below:

DS_2.setFilter(dimension, CHART_1.getSelectedMember(dimension));

Option 1:

Add the below script to it:

DS_1.reloadData();

This ensures that the data is reloaded and hence Chart is re-rendered + selection is removed from the chart. But this has a fallback that all components attached to DS_1 will be re-rendered.

Option 2:

Add the below script to it:

CHART_1.setVisible(false);

CHART_1.setVisible(true);

This ensures that the chart is hidden and shown again and hence selection is removed from the chart.

I prefer this option.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this really helped me!

I got the same issue after upgrading from Design Studio 1.1 to 1.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i'm facing the same issue.

So it's a bug after all?

Because i'd like to use my multiple selected values from the chart and use them as filters for another chart. And currently that doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this way but not find the expected result like you described.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

I think, setting Selection mode option in Additional Properties of chart should help you.

Try option single, that should solve your problem.

Best regards,

Martin Laurinec