cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Issue with Odata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created OData service and passing WBS element in output but its not showing the right value.. I did put conversion function module its giving error.. If I dont do anything and keep WBS field as 8 Char its showing some different value..

Two Issues: first its not showing up correct value which I am passing from backend.. and while reading it deep entity its giving dump..

Please advice how to handle conversions in Odata services..

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am not clear about the problem. Have few questions.

Are you doing a read or a create?

Where did you put conversion FM?  For $expand or deep insert?

What is the correct value and what is it showing as?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send wbs element in response of GET request.. But for WBS it is showing some number which is not passed from program... But When I am using data from create it giving dump and saying conversion error..

..ERROR_INFO

Invalid format (return table): Row Number 1,  Property Name 'Rproj',  Property Value 'U-010000050.0010'

I want to pass CATSDB-RPROJ field to front end and get it back for create method...Maybe this field is mapped to conversion exit and causing problem...

RPROJEPROJNUMC80Receiver WBS element
kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it has to do with conversion routines.

In READ,

In Gateway, you provide the value as stored in table, and Gateway will convert it into display format by executing the conversion routine (CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_OUTPUT).

In CREATE,

When You try to create in browser(or any client), you need to give input in the display format (not as stored in table), and Gateway will convert into internal format. (by executing CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSP_INPUT).

You can put breakpoints in these routines and double check.

For more information, click here.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Again Krishna, I just changed the field to character format and length equal to output length for field it worked.. Thanks for sharing additional info.. I will go thru it..

Regards,

Rajesh