cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP Business One with iVend Retail SAP Add-on a product of (CitiXsys) from last 3.5 years. In Retail (supermarket) industry our current database size of SAP B1 is 615 GB from long time we are facing slowness in our application.  I tried to do Data Archiving in test environment but it is just reducing 11% of our data size which will not help us to get desire performance. We have already logged this problem to SAP Support eight months back but still didn’t get any solution as they are still working on it and analyzing the root cause of problem. I would really appreciate your expert views or opinion on below questions;

1. What is the maximum database size which SAP B1 can support?
  2. Will it advisable to create a same copy company with same master data and opening balances and start fresh operation without any transactional data?
  3. Some of our consultants recommend us to move to SAP A1. But my question is if SAP B1 is for small and mid-size company then why we invest on SAP A1.
  4. Is there any standard matrix available of SAP from which we can find in which category our business stands? Like Small, Mid or Large

However, for your kind information that Data archiving is running on simulation mode when you try to execute it there is a pre-requisite which is Inventory Valuation Check IVI. And it is not running on such huge data like we have, SAP Support is working of this as well.

Furthermore, before getting to any conclusion or comments please keep in mind that. This DB is not corrupted and all maintenance tasks been run on regular basis.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Vaibhav_Kaushik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Waqas,

even one of our customer is using SAP + iVend ans we are facing the same issue of perfomance at th supermarket POS and the SAP client.

Our DB is about 90GB.

Please let us know if you found any solution for this.

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If possible, please post your hardware setup.

From my understanding, your system will need a very fast storage subsystem to support that due to high I/O on writing.

I would estimate a ssd raid will be required.

Frank

Darius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Waqas,

Have you already thought about migrating your landscape from SQL to SAP HANA?

Ask your SAP Partner about SAP Business One, version for HANA

Regards,

Darius

jacobo_agami
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Waqas

Iam facing a similar issue, have you been able to solve it??

Regards

Jacobo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is amazing B1's database can be run on the size of 615GB. There is no hard limit maximum for B1 db. However, I believe you have already got over the comfortable zone for B1.

It should work for your 2nd option: to create a same copy company with same master data and opening balances and start fresh operation without any transaction data.

B1 is mainly for small business. To include medium size here because some of them do not have huge transactions per day like you.

Could you tell us how many (concurrent) users you have? How big is the db with master data only?

Thanks,

Gordon

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amazing, i thought our DB grows at 12GB/Year is pretty big for B1, can not imagine you guy are creating 200GB/year.

May I know what kind of server setup you have?

Frank

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please refer below link for system and hardware requirements:

http://www.columbus-systems.de/cs-wAssets/docs/SAP_Business_One_Systemvoraussetzungen.pdf

3. For comparison between A1 &  B1, please refer thread

4. Compare Solutions | SME Business Management Software | SAP

Hope helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan