cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1: best practise for backup-strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about best practise for backup strategies. We have a BO 4.1 SP 2 System with a 50 GB FileStore. We want to implement a backup Strategie, what is easy in controlling and automatic as well as easy in recover. And if it is possible – maximum reduce time of BO stop.

What is the best way to implement this? Are there difference in the strategie for Windows / Linux installations?

Thanks for advance

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

This would be your strategy

Backup Type

Backup Contents

Applicability

Full Content backup

Central Management Server (CMS) System Tables

Used for Full Content recovery

Auditing Tables

File Repository Server (FRS)

Local audit log files

Custom SDK applications/code

Database Connections (ODBC DSNs)

Any Application/Server specific configuration document

BIAR Backup

.BIAR Backup

Used for selective content recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I need your help since I'm a bit confused with upgrade or migration from Bi 4.0 to 4.1. I have read a lot and the more I read the more I'm not sure about the procedure.

Here is my setup:

=>BI Platform Server SP7 on 2008 server. We have a SAP BW environment for most of the source.

=>New server available 2012

=> Want to install 4.1 on the new server and transfer everything from the old server  2008 and BI version to the brand new one.

I have read couple terms: Life cycle Management, Upgrade management tool, Promotion Management tool. What should I use.

We have a really simple setup so far consisting of 2 dashboards and 1 Crystal Report all of the these link to BW.

I want to transfer users, reports, and so on.

Can you please guide me find the appropriate tool.

Regards,

Steve

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Please post your question as a new topic, this thread is unrelated to it.

regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are in 4.1, Hot Backup feature is available in CMC, so it will allow to backup while Server is running. There is no need to stop the servers while doing the backups.

File Store you can connect to SAN or NAS. And follow traditional Windows backup of the file store.

Depending on the DB you are using you can consult DB team backup the CMS DB.

http://scn.sap.com/people/raphael.branger/blog/2012/09/10/backup-recovery-in-bo-40