cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Replicate the same Table twice but in two different Target Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to replicate the same Table twice but in two different Target HANA Tables ?

For example: There is a table: VBPA for which the replication is going on without any additional Transformation settings.

Now I would like to replicate this Table again to some other Target Table, let's say : VBPA_1.

Can we do so ?

If Yes, then how to achieve this ?

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

I think this is possible. You would create two configurations from the same source system and both have the same configuration name. For one of the configuration you would rename the target table name to the preffered one (like "VBPA_1").

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Can you please explain which configuration you are referring here ?

Suppose I've a configuration called HANA and with the same name we've a Schema called HANA in HANA DB.

Now when i'm creating one more configuration with the same name called HANA. Then it's actually throwing me an error message stating: Configuration already exists.

In addition I've tried to add to add the same table twice in IUUC_REPL_CONTENT T-code, but it's not allowing me to add the same source table twice.

Can you please let me know what exactly needs to be corrected in my process ?

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you activated the multiple usage flag for both configurations?

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

No, I've not activated the multiple usage flag for the first configuration. That configuration is been for long and now that particular indicator is greyed out.

How can i do that and if not what are my options now?

I can do that for the second configuration which I'm going to create but it is not useful unless and until I change the first one.

Please advice.

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I believe we are trying to change 1:1 to 1:N and this means teh same source system can be used for multiple HANA systems.

Now in our scenario, we are trying to use the same Configuration name to create one more configuration(after changing from 1:1 to 1:N).

This means we can have the same configuration name repeating twice  in SLT for same source and same HANA.

Am i correct ?

Can't we just change the entry in IUUC_REPL_CONFIG table ?

Will it have any side effects?

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at this note, to active multiple usage for the first configuration: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1898479

Best,

Tobias

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your initial requested seemed that you woudl liek to have the same table twice with different names in the same schema, right?

If this is not the case and you would liek to adress two different schemas, you can use IUUC_REPL_CONFIG table.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy

Did you realise your scenario ?

Can you share please, I am trying to achieve the same thing.

Thanks, Jamal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

Tobias is correct. If you are using replication definitions and subscriptions to replicate your current tables to HANA, you would just add a 2nd replication definition to your primary table and specify

a different value for 'with replicate table named'

i.e:

Your current replication definition looks similar to

create replication definition VBPA_rep1

with primary at dataserver.database

with all tables named 'VPBA'

(col1

go

You would create a 2nd replication definition silimar to::

create replication definition VBPA_rep2

with primary at dataserver.database

with primary table named 'VPBA'

with replicate table named 'VPBA_1'

(col1

go

Then create a subscription on the 2nd replication definition to your same HANA

instance to replicate the 2nd copy of the primary table to your VPBA_1 table.

i.e:

create subscription VPBA_1_sub

for VPBA_rep2

with replicate at yourHANAds.yourHANAdb

without materialization

go

Thanks and regards,

Dale Newth