cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set a BEx Query Condition in Design Studio (e.g. Net value GT 0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have set a simple condition in my BEx Query...

e.g. key figure "Net value" GT 0 to become only positive values in the query result.

In the Query runtime the condition works successful, but in the Design Sudio view the defined Query condition doesn´t work.

In my Design Studio crosstab I have tried to switch between the display setting "Conditional formating Visible" true/false, but without success.

By the way, before I have posted this thread, I had a look at this two blogs...

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi all,

after I added a new Design Studio DataSource (view) and the same BEx Query as source, the Query condtion works fine for this new view. The "old" view doesn´t know the existing Query condition. 

So the reason was, that I had first create the Design Studio Data Source and after that I have changed my query setting and add a new condition.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you please give more details how its worked. I have got the same scenario like condition is not working in Design studio.

Seegi

dkle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunilkumar,

in the Design Studio, right click on the Datasource -> "Reset Initial View".

After this you may have to re-edit the Datasource definition in DS, but the BEx Conditions should work now.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think you are mixing up two different BEx terms. Conditions are filters on key figures (show me only the results with a value bigger than 50). Exceptions do not filter the result set, but provide a formatting based on the values in the result set (if value is bigger than 50, make its cell red).

The Conditional formatting setting in Design Studio refers to the BEx exceptions. For the BEx conditions there isn't such a setting available. You just have to activate the condition in your BEx Query and use that for your data source in Design Studio.

If you want a workaround to enable/disable conditions from Design Studio, check this blog I wrote: HackingSAP.com - SAP Design Studio and Conditions It shows how you can use variables to adjust the conditions (and also activate) from within Design Studio.

Cheers,

Xavier

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show a picture of your BEx query (use the camera icon) of where you are defining the Exceptions?

Are you sure you are using BEx Exceptions in your query?  Because Design Studio will read the BEx Query's exceptions if you set Condition Formatting to visible.