cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Selection(Measure Selection) not possible for Crosstabs ?

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

One of the new features in SAP Design Studio 1.2 is the fact that we can now use the same Data source for several charts by using the Measure picker(Data Selection option in Data Binding property) for each chart. However it is disappointing to see that the same functionality isnt provided for the Cross tab. Is there any workaround to have the Cross tabs select and Display Measures of choice from a data source?

Is it planned for future release?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can dynamically filter measures from the CROSSTAB associated "Data Source" in scripts to achieve the desired results. The script functions allow you to filter the measures dynamically.

However if you would like to use the same Data Source with multiple CROSSTABs (with the different measures and all CROSSTABs displayed at once) , this I think is not feasible.

Regards,

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

thanks for your quick response. I was under the assumption that we can only remove and add dimensions of a data source and not measures. Can you please let me know the Data source API that can be used to filter out measures dynamically ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use DS_1.setFilter() to dynamically select your measures. Use the function as below,

DS_1.setFilter(dimension, value);

Replace the 'dimension' with Key Figure Structure Technical name, and 'value' with the applicable measure, In case if you would like to filter multiple measures, replace 'value' with array (put measures in square brackets [ ], separate by comma)

The 'value help' (CTRL + Shift)  in DS will help you in selecting the proper values anyway.

Hope this helps.

Regards

madireddy_rahulreddy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil. This worked for me.

Answers (0)