cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At ESS/MSS approval getting error "Service cannot be reached."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am newbie in workflow. We are in EHP 6 and trying to test a customized clock in clock out workflow. at SWIA, there are no errors. Workflow is getting triggered correctly. However, when I go to approver's UWL and try to open link to approve, I get below error.

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://testwd01.demoservices.com:8105/webdynpro/dispatcher/com.sap.xss.hr.lea.appl/LeaveRequestAppro... call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

What can I do?

• Please select a valid URL.
  • If it is a valid URL, check whether service /webdynpro/dispatcher/com.sap.xss.hr.lea.appl/LeaveRequestApprover is active in transaction SICF.
  • If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

As per suggestion, I checked SICF t code. There I didn't find above mentioned application ( LeaveRequestApprover ). How to configure this application and where can I find this ?

I am attaching screen shot from swfvisu. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Please note that workflow is triggering correctly.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ABHIJIT,

can u chk by keeping package name as       sap.com/ess~lea       and try once in ur screen shot

APPLICATION  : LeaveRequestApprover

DYNPARAM:      wi_id=${item.externalId}

PACKAGE     :    sap.com/ess~lea    ........CHANGE this once and try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malyadri,

Thanks for your reply. I have modified the package as per your suggestion but the result is the same. My concern is the application LeaveRequestApprover was not found from T code SICF. Unless this application is activated, this won't be displayed I guess. But I don't know where I can find this application and how should I activated it ?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abijit,

By looking at the URL I can say its not the correct url, you have to configure the correct app name

http://testwd01.demoservices.com:8105/webdynpro/dispatcher/com.sap.xss.hr.lea.appl/LeaveRequestAppro...

I believe url will have sap.com/ess~lea in it, whats the new URL ur getting when u chnged as suggested by Jawla.

As you are not using the correct url, so ur getting service not reachable error, its the correct error ur getting.

Your url should be:

http://testwd01.demoservices.com:8105/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/ess~lea/LeaveRequestApprover

Then it will work without the service error.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

Thank you very much for your reply. I had done made the changes as per Malyadri's suggestion.

Later, I re-register UWL and clear cache from portal consultant.

Even after that the result was the same. There was no change in URL. Is it issue related to JAVA Webdynpro and ABAP Webdynpro. I couldn't fins the application LeaveRequestApprover in the system which is JAVA webdynpro application. Are there any specific configurations/requirements for JAVA webdynpro applications ? Do I need to raise any OSS ? Please guide about that. The suggestion to change the package name didn't work. Please advise.

Best regards.

Abhijit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhijit ,

have you configured the system alias properly if not configure them in uwl

sap_erp_humanresouces

SAP_ECC_HUMANRESOURCES

SAP_WEBDYNPRO_XSS

and check the proper role assignment is there in ur system

and chk the below one is in active mode in sicf once

sicf> sap>bc>webdynpro > sap> followed by below screen...u can check by giving right clik on it and chk whether it is in active or not once try this once

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the error, it's very clear that you are using WDJ services. Is that what you want to do?

If so, have you registered the Leave Request in SWFVISU or modified the config file?

You can check the below link for more details. It was discussed several times in forums:

Hope this helps.

Best,

Balajii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malyadri, Balaji,

Thank you for replying. I have done the needful in swfvisu configuration. After that, portal consultant has re-register the UWL and cleared the cache. I have asked to implement note 779075. I will let you know if I get some concrete result.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Abhijit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click or enter the url: http://testwd01.demoservices.com:8105/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/ess~lea/LeaveRequestApprover

In your browser, does it ask for authentication or do u get service not found error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar,

It doesn't ask for any authentication.

I just get the service cannot be reached error.

Best regards.

Abhijit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, you need to find out if this WDJ App is available in ur environment (login with admin user id)

http://<host:port>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~wd~tools~admin/Explorer

And see if you have the lea app as shown below, might be paste ur screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yugandhar,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through your post and I found it really helpful.

I analysed our issue and found that the note 779075 is not implemented in our system. This is missing.

I tried to get it implemented from basis but from basis I got reply that this note cannot be implemented. I am attaching the screen shot of the same. I believe only after implementing this note, I would be able to make changes in swfvisu configuration ( change the package name and delete entry TS12300104 WebDynpro Java ). Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. As a workflow ( abap ) consultant what process do I have to follow ? Please guide me. Thank you.

Best regards.

Abhijit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have leave application in your env or not?, Did you check as per the above screenshot, might be you can ask Basis or portal contact to give the screen shot from ur env.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

note above is not to be implemented per se, but followed manually ie is to implement in SWFVISu and follow the steps of the note, there is no correction instrauctions

But first of all,

You talked about Clock in cloct out corrections instead of leave request, Please note you can do approval in MSS for Clock in/out, we have only for leave request in JAVA WD

So please specify which application or better share your screenshots first what you are trying to access so its clear for us

You need to use rptcorapp for approval

Answers (0)