cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with number of decimal places with unit conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with the unit conversion.

In Bex I have given the number of decimall places as 3, and for unit conversion, it is using the units of measure from 0Matrial and converting based on material class, the logic is defined in RSUOM to take the target unit for conversion.

The issue is , though 3 decimal place is mentioned, whic calculating it calclates upto 2 decimal places and the third decimal place is always 0, though it should come as a result of calculation of conversion.

Please let me know if someone faced a similar issue and what was the resolution to the problem.

Thanks

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

- You can try as, multiply the Key figure value with 1000, now convert this value into other unit. Now  divide the result value with 1000. I think it will work.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the help.

For details I was using unit converiosn withreference object 0Material, andt it was also considering the T006 value of 2 decimal places.

So, multiply by 1000 and then deviding again did help. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Shilpa

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

As Suhas mentioned, the Unit of Measurement (UoM) settings of the respective target unit also play a role here. If here the Decimal Places Rounding is set to e.g. 2 decimals, the Key Figure of 3 decimals will only use 2 decimals and the third one will always be 0.

Where can you find it:
T/code CUNI
Menu: SAP Customizing Implementation Guide (t/code SPRO) > SAP NetWeaver > General Settings > Check Units of Measurement
Table T006

Example for Kilogram (internal UoM):

In this case 3 decimals will be used for rounding.

However, in t/code RSUOM there are also other conversion alternatives possible. Not always T006 will be referenced.

Please have a look at SAP Help: OLAP Engine - Quantity Conversion because there is lot of information to be found around this topic.

If you have further questions or a need for help, please provide us all details around the quantity conversion scenario, incl. detailed configuration of RSUOM Quantity Conversion Type, source and target Key Figures, source and target Units and anything else which could be relevant to understand your specific case.

Thanks,
Sander

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your target unit? The decimal places shown will be dependent on the number of decimals defined in CUNI transaction for the target unit.

Please see Unit of Measure related settings in SAP - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki for details.

Regards,

Suhas

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Although you did not not give any information on the Key Figure, I assume that it is defined as a key figure of type Quantity with data type QUAN. It normally uses domain RSKYFQUA which has length 17 and 3 decimal places.Theoretically it should be possible to calculate with 3 decimals.

I don't know which DataSource and field supplies this Key Figure. Suppose it only uses 2 decimal places, then in BW the Key Figure will only use the first 2 decimal places too. The third one will always be 0.

I suggest to further investigate the InfoProvider and in particular the Key Figure and the DataSource supplying data to it.

Last but not least, you might want to post this question in .

Best regards,

Sander