cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM 10 for SAP BPC 10 MS compatibility with Office 365 Pro Plus

Ch-risB
Explorer
0 Kudos

My organisation has decided to pick this version of Office for all users and as an upgrade from Office 2003.  I was told it is the same as Office 2013 which EPM 10 is compatible with, but this is actually not the case and it seems that we cannot install EPM 10 with this Office version.

I found note 1762174 from 29.02.2012 on Office 365, but there has been no update since and note 1823786 from 5.12.2013 does not mention Office 365 at all.

Can anyone tell me if our findings are correct and if SAP will make EPM 10 compatible with Office 365 Pro Plus in a future patch or release?

I attach a screenshot of the install error and version of Office details.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Have a look in the comments here: Office 365 : View Idea

I have not tried this, but it seems that others have been successful in installing the EPM Add-in with a previous version of MS Office and then using it in 365 ProPlus version.

Ch-risB
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We have tried this when converting from Office 2010 on our test PC.  The EPM add-in was still in Excel and some of the functionality worked.  However, we were experiencing the context bar disappearing when beginning a new file or opening an existing file and thus required a proper re-install of the add-in.

This was when we found the issue described above.

However, when we go live we cannot possibly ask every user to do this.  Not every user has Office 2010 already.  Some have already been upgraded to Office 365.  Some are still on Office 2003 and waiting for our BPC upgrade to be ready before upgrading Office..  We have 600+ users and they are maintained by several IT departments.  The complication would be huge and to ensure that they had all completed the installation correctly would take a long time.

Presumably this is only an issue when the installation checks the client registry to see the version of Office that is installed.  And for some reason Office 365 Pro Plus is not recognised.  Looking through the installation guide something is mentioned for Office 2007 sp2 and a manual registry fix.  Is there something possible like this for Office365?

Thanks.