cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Report with BEx Source is showing error as Cannot retrieve dimensions from cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm facing a strange error while opening WebI Reports which have been freshly migrated to Production.

Report is based on 2 BEx queries using BICS connection.

When opening the report in Rich client, i got generic message : Error when trying to refresh the current report.

On opening the query panel, i got below error message, and i'm unable to see the query due to this.

Cannot retrieve dimensions from cube #####Some_Cube_Name######

com.sap.ip.bi.base.exception.BIBaseRuntimeException: Error: Provider Selection Object: Initialization Issue

Error: Provider Selection Object: Initialization Issue

Invalid variable values

The BEx Query seems to be working perfectly fine. If such an issue is see by someone earlier, could you please share how it was solved. Thanks In Advance.

Version, BO 4.0 SP 5 Patch 4

Regards

Nagavaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagavaibhav,

there are some articles about this in http://service.sap.com/support:

Did you already take a look at those articles and check if it helps?

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I checked on these notes.

I found we still don't have any data, neither transaction nor any master data for the underlying cube. I'm not having much idea about the BW cubes, so i'm struggling a little.

I just tried creating a new report on the BICS and there also i was having same issue. I will get some help with BW guys and check if there is an issue with exit variables.

Thanks for providing reference notes.

Thank You.

Nagavaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagavaibhav,

We should have some data in the Backend at cube level at Master Data or Transaction Data, due to unavailability of the Data the report is not running. Try to add load some data and check it, i had also the same problem and when we did the same thing issue got resolved. This will solve your issue, i believe prompt is on Master Data object.

Regards,

G.SaiNath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sainath for sharing your experience.

After loading the data in the Master tables and the cube also i was facing same issue.

We removed the refresh on open and saved the report. And then re-opened it and manually refreshed and were able to see the LOVs. And it worked.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Regards

Nagavaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagavaibhav,

Even I faced the similar issue but in my case it was because of the following 2 reasons.

• There was some issues in BEx queries (check in rsrt once)
  • There were some changes going on at the back end (in the BEx queries)

Please once again check the BEx queries and see whether you are still facing the same issue.

Regards,

Subrat