cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to mass maintain alternative units of measure under additional data in material master. Is there any way ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to mass maintain alternative units of measure under additional data in material master. Is there any way ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

all usual options are available: LSMW, MM17, BDC, BApI....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried using tcode MM17 by selecting the fields UMREZ and UMREN. I didn't find any field for MEINH i.e alternative unit of measure. How to update that using MM17.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The MEINH field is coming from the selection screen, it cannot be entered individually later.

Just test it.

go MM17, select table MARM, execute, set a flag for "do not change existing data" at the change tab, then switch to the create tab. Enter your material numbers and the alternative unit that you like to add. then execute the selection.

the new screen will come up with material number, alternative unit, material description.

now select the fields you want to maintain, which are called Counter and Denominator

Counter is the quantity of base unit and Denominator the quantity of alternative unit.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to add a new alternative unit, then you can do this from MM17..

Steps are detail explained by Jurgen Sir.

But you can't change MEINH field from mass maintenance...

As you know this field is not a editable field in Material master..

So you have to delete the line and recreate with a new value...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great yaar..!!!! thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use recording of a LSMW for maintaining alternative unit of measurement of a material and then go for mass maintenance.

Regards,

Biju K