cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA on AWS executor: plan operation execution failed with exception from HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

About two days ago, two of our HANA instances mysteriously started getting the following error when attempting to access the Catalog through HANA Studio:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [3584]: distributed SQL error: [2617] executor: plan operation execution failed with exception failed with an exception

I connected to the HANA box and checked the logs...but there's nothing to see there it seems.  When I go into the system detail tabs like "landscape", "alerts" etc I get the following error:

-  SAP DBTech JDBC: [3584]: distributed SQL error: [2617] executor: plan operation execution failed with an exception (com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: [3584]: distributed SQL error: [2617] executor: plan operation execution failed with an exception)

I clicked on the performance tab and saw the following:

-  SAP DBTech JDBC: [3587]: invalid protocol or indexserver (statisticsserver) shutdown during distributed query execution: [2613] executor: communication problem (com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: [3587]: invalid protocol or indexserver (statisticsserver) shutdown during distributed query execution: [2613] executor: communication problem)

Any ideas?  We were happily in-memory computing along and the next day we were hosed.  I've created a new AWS HANA instance and connected from the same network/laptop/HANA Studio software and all is well...so it's not me

Help?!!? Please...

Thanks all...

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hello Timothy,

In this moment I have the same  problema,  I had many time to work fine, but today Hana Studio gives this error and I can't work with SAP.

Do you find the solution for this problema?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes we do. We disable statistic server. (Our problem occur only on versions before 0.70)

Former Member

Thanks for the response...when I read your response, I remembered having read this elsewhere before...but didn't expect it to be my situation, but much to my amazement...it's all working now and I've done nothing.  This is SOOO not acceptable.

Anyone within ear-shot of this thread have any ideas?  Since we all know there is no magic in this space, other experiences similar would  be helpful.  I'm looking for a pattern before this happens again and causes major issues.  Thanks all!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't know whether this problem is still existing. We experienced error 3584 as well and found out that the statistic server did not have enough memory. We increased the parameter allocationlimit in statisticserver.ini from 5% to 20% and this helped

former_member255270
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Joachim, that explains it then. There is a known bug in HANA that causes SQL queries to return with errors when the statistics server has no more memory. SAP) has fixed this issue with HANA Revision 74, until then raising the allocation limit or truncating large statistics tables in _SYS_STATISTICS schema is the best way to avoid the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri, I suspected that our HANA revision 69 could be an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

parameter allocationlimit in statisticserver.ini counted from the all server memory or from selected in global_allocation_limit (global.ini)?

former_member255270
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem, the answer is neither.

The allocation limit of the statistics server is proportional to the physical memory of the master node. For example, if you have a 512GB master node, the default allocation limit is 5% of 512GB which is roughly 25GB. However, no matter what percentage you choose for the allocation limit, the database will always reserve an additional 7GB of memory for the actual C++ code and stack of the statistics server.

Therefore 5% of 512GB becomes an effective allocation limit of roughly 32GB

former_member255270
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you take a look at the indexserver trace file immediately after the error occurs? There should be more technical information about what is triggering error there.

To find the trace file in HANA Studio, double click your SID in the navigator pane on the left, select the Diagnosis Tab and sort by "Modified date" to find the appropriate indexserver trace file.

Dimitri Vorobiev
SAP HANA Development Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone any ideas on this?

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i hit the same issue, but again after some time it worked fine for me.

And also for some queries like hitting the tables like M_TABLES i.e

SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM SYS.M_TABLES also shows the similar kind of error message.

I rather formulated a query using UNION on M_CS_TABLES and M_RS_TABLES to finish my work there.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu