Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence Rich Client WIS 30270 error

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encountered a WIS 30270 error while using Web Intelligence Rich Client application. The whole error message - "An internal error occurred while calling 'CreateDocument' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)".

Below are the conditions under which this error appears:

1. We are using SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.1 SP02 (clean install - both server and clients).
  2. This error appears only when using Rich Client and only in several workplaces.
  3. The error is absent in SAP BO server and in almost all other workplaces.
  4. The error appears when we try to create a new report from any data source or try to open an existing report from BI repository (we can successfully connect to BI repository from problematic computer using Rich Client).
  5. All other SAP BO Clients (Crystal, Lumira, Widgets, LiveOffice, Dashboards etc) work successfully in problematic computer.
  6. Web Intelligence (online) works correctly in problematic computer.
  7. We can see the SAP BO server from problematic computer, Firewall and Antivirus are disabled.

Looking forward any suggestions and ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Donatas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, All,

I have finally found the solution. It turns out that the error was displayed because "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" was missing in the user's computer. After installing this program the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence Rich Client started to work correctly.

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"2.This error appears only when using Rich Client and only in several workplaces."

It could be that some of the Webi rich client dll and/or Language file are not been installed correctly.  Can you either

- copy the C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\c3*.dll and C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Language\* from a good workstation to the problem workstation, or

- reinstall BI4.1 SP02 client on that problem workstation?

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jin-Chong,

Will try to do it in a couple of days.

Regards,

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas,

I faced the similar issue in two machines and later found the issue is because of crystal report installation.

I uninstalled the crystal report from both and webi rich client started working.

Seems more of some files updated by crystal report installation creating problems for webi rich client.

Thanks

Gaurav

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Gaurav,

Good idea. I have already scheduled removal of all SAP BO Clients (Crystal, Dashboards, Lumira, LiveOffice, Client Tools) and fresh installation of Client Tools only during the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe just crystal reports uninstallation will fix your webi issue .

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Will try it both ways

Regards,

Donatas

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just removed all SAP Analytics Clients and installed SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 SP02 Client Tools only. The same error appears.

Anyway it was a good suggestion.

Thank you.

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you removed crystal reports from your machine?

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, Gaurav,

We have removed all SAP Analytics Clients including Crystal Reports for Enterprise and freshly reinstalled Client Tools. But the same error appears.

Any ideas welcome.

Thank you.

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting this message when you try to create webi reports using flat files or using universe as a source?

Also I hope you have cleared the registry after uninstalling all tools and than installed fresh copy of clients.

Thanks

Gaurav

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, we are getting this error when creating reports both from Universe and flat files. After uninstall we have cleared registry, My BusinessObjects document, ProgramData and Program Files.

Thanks,

Donatas

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Ram,

I will look into these shortly.

Regards,

Donatas

former_member217675
Participant
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I appreciate your providing the information that you have but I can not get access to the link you provided regarding KB article 1878387. Is it possible if it's not too involved to cut/paste into this blog?

Thanks either way!

Scott