Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Management Server- BO 4.0

former_member260745
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Some reason Central Management Server is not starting. It goes into "Stopping" state when I try to restart the server. I can stop it but not able to run. Under "Watchlist" there is an error " An exception occurred while formatting the response (MON00044)'.

I already reinstalled BO from control pannel and also try to start but no luck

Any suggestions

Thanks

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arjun,

Looks like the main issue is CMS not starting. Please let me know the following information.

1. If BI 4.0 is installed on Windows, Do you see any error messages in event viewer?

2. I am assuming this is a cluster as you are able to login into CMC but the CMS is not running, Stop the SIA on the affected node and browse to the configuration tab. You should be able to see the cluster name being retrived from the CMS Database. If not an error message will pop up. Please share the error as well.

I have assumed this being a clustered environment on a windows machine. Please let me know if you are having a different configuration.

Regards

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

Hi,

a redeployment of the Web Applications wont fix your non starting CMS.

First check what Chinmaya wrote. In addition please check the logging Directory ofyour BI installation. Is there a log file from the CMS? If yes whats in there?!

Regards

-Seb.

former_member260745
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it was installed in Windows Server (clustered)

Web tier is Tomcat 6.0

Everything is running except Central Management Server has "Stopping" status all the time

Monitoring Screen- Under Watchlist --> CMS has error "An exception occurred while formatting the response (MON00044)."

I can't stop SIA because I can't find CCM in Start--> Program--> Business Objects BI Platform--> No CCM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

most likely your CMS is not starting because of this : "Windows Server (clustered)"

How exactly is your windows clustered ?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Redeploy the war files using WDeploy tool

former_member260745
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar and Prasad,

Thanks for the response. I try to find steps to redeploy War file but I could not figure out.

I went to C:\ drive and found warfiles folder that expand to eclips and some plugins folder that has some .jar extensions. Not sure where to go after this. No run option.

Next, I went to Wdeploy folder and it extend to ant-->bin, etc, lib folders with bunch of xml files but no uption to run.

Could you please guide me.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into the Admin guide for fine details.

Also a simple google and / or scn search would also give you the details on how to perform wdeply and various note on the same.

Check http://scn.sap.com/thread/3400477