cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 Framework - Reporting Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

anybody knows where i can report issues or ideas about sapui5 framework?

is there an issue tracker available?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to make things a bit clearer: there are two ways to report issues. One for the SAP customers using SAPUI5 and one for anyone out there using the Open Source version OpenUI5.

• For SAPUI5 bugs create a customer message in the SAP Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/message An overview of customer message components is here: (this includes components for UI5 itself as well as related technologies like Gateway).

• For OpenUI5 bugs you can now (since yesterday) report the issue at Github. But please read and respect the guidelines: OpenUI5 - Report a Bug

SAP customers using SAPUI5 should always use the first option, even when the bug seems to be in a part of UI5 that is also available in OpenUI5. Note that for OpenUI5 bug reports there is no obligation for us to do naything and no guaranteed response times etc.

But note that in both cases we cannot accept requests for help or questions why something does not work. Use this forum or stackoverflow for this kind of questions. Only report demonstrable, reproducible misbehavior of code within UI5 as a bug.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I am getting the following error.

Uncaught Error: found in negative cache: 'sap/ui/table/ColumnMenu.js' from resources/sap/ui/table/library-preload.json/sap/ui/table/ColumnMenu.js: Error: found in negative cache: 'sap/ui/commons/Menu.js' from resources/sap/ui/commons/library-preloa...<omitted>...on

The Java Script is being looked in a different location

and the error points to sap-ui-core.js

It would be great if you could help me with the problem.

Regards,

Anirban

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting the following error.

Uncaught Error: found in negative cache: 'sap/ui/table/ColumnMenu.js' from resources/sap/ui/table/library-preload.json/sap/ui/table/ColumnMenu.js: Error: found in negative cache: 'sap/ui/commons/Menu.js' from resources/sap/ui/commons/library-preloa...<omitted>...on

The Java Script is being looked in a different location

and the error points to sap-ui-core.js

It would be great if you could help me with the problem.

Regards,

Anirban

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

Reporting issue is opened at OpenUI5 - Report a Bug

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

i've added to issue tracker on github..

[me.Calendar] wrong style attribute · Issue #8 · SAP/openui5 · GitHub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the calendar does not use full width.. the css on element

<div class="sapMeCalendarMonth ..."> has style "width: Infinity%".

please change to "width: 100%"

thanks. Danilo

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, the bug reporting process is not set up yet. It would be easy to activate the issue tracker module in Github, but we want to make sure issues are actually looked at. Reporting issues and not getting a solution would also be frustrating.

As our capacity for additional tasks is quite limited we also want to help the bug reports being as good and precise as possible and about real bugs. What we see internally is a lot of consulting questions, vague error descriptions, reports lacking a way to reproduce the issue, and bugs in very different components. Getting the same from all the world would quickly drown us. 😞

However, if you find a bug you can tweet it or report it here (the above constraints considered). Don't find us, we'll find you. 😉

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

this week I just noticed a problem. Maybe this is a bug, maybe just wrong coded :-).

It is about setting http request headers in a odata model.

The following does not work:

oModel = new sap.ui.model.odata.ODataModel(sServiceUrl, true, {"cache-control": "max-age=0", "cache-control": "no-cache"});

This does work:

oModel.setHeaders({"cache-control": "max-age=0", "cache-control": "no-cache"});

SAPUI5 v. 1.14.1 was used.

Regards

Stefan

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

I would also like to report a strange behavior of the Component Framework. It basically not able to resolve the relative path to resoures (views/models/images etc) if these defined in a separate folder structure. The Caller application and the Component App both are running on Gateway ABAP engine.

Here is a link to the thread I create in SCN

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3509774

I am using v 1.16.6

Regards

Sandip

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Update to my comment: OpenUI5 issues can now be reported at Github. But SAPUI5 bugs and anything found by SAP customers should still be reported as customer message in the SAP marketplace.

See my comment further below for details and links to both.

Andreas

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Checking, thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

yeah, that's a really interesting question!

I thought, i could create new issues at github for openui5, but unfortunately the "issue-module" is not used in this project.

Does that mean, we have to do classical development requests via SAP Service Marketplace?

Regards Michael

AndreasKunz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, for SAPUI5 the current guidelines is: please use SAP Marketplace.

At Github you loose all guarantees, response times, tracking inside SAP,...

Regards

Andreas