cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll - DME File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to add some additional information to the client's existing DME file. I know where to retrieve this additional information from the within the system and I have written some code to do this.

What I need to know is how can I populate the DME file with 6 additional fields?

Thank you

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please can any body help with this?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DME file format will done by the combination of FICO and ABAP

what exactly you want to add 6 additional fields, is these are given by your Bank ? other wise while processing the DME file updation or saving in the bank folder system will give error because of more fields with data instead of required fields to be updated.

see, normally DME file consists of Employee name, bank a/c no, branch, IFSC code, Month of salary, Amount.

regards,

praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Yes these additional fields are required by the bank.

Please advise?

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the new additional fields take the help of your abaper to add these fields in the DME tree.

T-code DMEE. Check once your DME file is different for remaining payments otherwise after adding new fields those processes will give error.

regards,

praneeth kumar

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You ask an ABAP resource to make the appropriate changes, but before that, you should make sure that these additionnal fields will not cause the DME File to be rejected by the Bank that processes your Payroll DME File or your Finance DME File.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where should the ABAP consultant make these changes?

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have your ABAP programmer look at the PRE-DME program for your Country (RPCDTCK0 in Canada), and at program RFFOCA_T.

As mentioned by Parneeth Kumar, the programs are used for Payroll and for Finance (Accounts Payable), and the output file must respect the Bank's requirements.

Better check with all concerned before adding a single field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that the fields need to be added as part of mandatory legislation so the banks are expecting this additional information.

Are you saying that changes need to be made to the country Pre-DME first and then the DME format?

Is it possible you can list the high level steps that I need to follow?

Thank you

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

can you please specify the new fields which are mandatory asking by your bank to be added.

then it is easy to suggest what to do.

regards,

praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

This is all related to Saudi Payroll and is required as part of the new Wages Protection System which has been introduced by the Saudi Government.

The new fields that are required to be added are:

1. Basic Pay

2. Housing Allowance

3. Other Earnings

4. Deductions

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Then ask your abaper to add these fields in the DME format (Payment medium format) and at the processing of Pre-DME in additional data you will give gross salary wright. there select these wage types also.

regards,

praneeth kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praneeth

So basically just to confirm.

1. I will get my ABAP colleague to add these new fields in the DME.

2. In the Pre-DME program include the new wagetypes (Deductions& Other Earnings and so on).

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, after pre-dme run check for out put too.

regards,

praneeth kumar

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Payroll Calculation Program is the one that builds the Payroll Results Cluster Tables, and creates the preliminary data in the BT table.

The PRE-DME program is the one that will finalise what is written in table BT. This program is Country Specific.

The DME program is the one that will generate the DME File.

You have to identify where the information of these new fields will come from (probably from table RT).  Your ABAP resource should be able to tell you if that information can be retrieved from where it is while creating the DME File (meaning only modifying program RFFOCA_T) or wether the additional information should first be transfered into table BT (by modifying program RPCDECx0) so that the DME program could pick it up when creating the DME File.