SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG and article master in SAP IS-Retail

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

We need a solution, where external vendors can contribute with article information, the master data persons can enrich the vendor information, and where the articles can be created appropriately afterwards in SAP ERP.

SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) seems to be the right solution for standard SAP. And SAP MDG has also been described in enhancement packages for SAP Retail since at least ECC 6.05, Nevertless previous discussions such has   indicate that SAP MDG is not appropriate for SAP Retail.

Please contribute with your considerations and experiences: Is MDG appropriate for article master data maintenance in SAP Retail?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sune,

Conercing SAP Standard the basic statement is, that (according to SAP Note 1773945) SAP MDG and SAP IS-Retail can be used together, but coming to Retail article this scenario is not supported at the moment through an SAP Standard solution.

There is a custom solution by SAP Value Prototyping filling this gap. They developed an enhancement to support the integration of IS-Retail article master data into SAP MDG. So if you that would be an option for you, I can reach out to the responsible person.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sune,

Conercing SAP Standard the basic statement is, that (according to SAP Note 1773945) SAP MDG and SAP IS-Retail can be used together, but coming to Retail article this scenario is not supported at the moment through an SAP Standard solution.

There is a custom solution by SAP Value Prototyping filling this gap. They developed an enhancement to support the integration of IS-Retail article master data into SAP MDG. So if you that would be an option for you, I can reach out to the responsible person.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

I've got permission to continue my research. Please arrange a connection to a responsible person in SAP Value Prototyping.

Kind regards

Sune

0 Kudos

Hi Sune

The thread you are refering to is quite old, there is a solution available now for doing retail master data governance on SAP MDG. This is offered as a consulting solution now.

The data model itself is modelled after the IS Retail data model for Article master and would leverage on the data governance capabilites offered by the MDG framework.

It is not exactly a supplier portal for data exchange but there have been architecture discussions on using a 'lean' version of the data model as a vendor facing portal and seperating this from internal facing MDG for enriching the ERP specific parts of the article master data , before governing and commiting to the ERP system.

If you are interested in talking more about it would be happy to do so.

Regards

Dilip