cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR STATUS IN PTARQ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had gone live 6 months back and from past few days we are getting issues related to "ERROR" status in ptarq as well as "PTREQ_HEADER" table after the manger approves the leave request. Unable to find the cause of this error. Solution will be appreciated.

Regards,

Abdullah khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

There are reasons as to why a leave request goes into error and the reasons are as follows:

There is not enough quota for the leave to be posted/booked on SAP

Or

There is a collision with another absence or attendance

The report RPTARQERR should be run on a regular basis to clear errors of this type.  We also run transaction SWPR to restart any workflow that may have gone into error normally due to missing data that is required by the workflow etc.

The report RPTARQPOST should be set up to run regularly to post the leave and there is now a field 'Post with infotype match' that can be used to reduce the amounts of errors when an identical leave request is found instead of an error it will complete the workflow.

Best wishes

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the response. I didnt find any entries in SWPR. I have checked the following points as you said

1. Employee has sufficient quota.

2.No collision with any other type of leave.

3.Still Attendance in not in PROD.

Mostly this is happening after the manager approves the leave I mean you can find the last changed by WF-BATCH.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Mostly this is happening after the manager approves the leave I mean you can find the last changed by WF-BATCH.

if this came like last changed by wf-batch it is approved by portal and by manager only ...can i know whether tat leave is in 2001 or not after approval or try to schedule background job correctly so tat it will update in 2001 for tat leave

the status showing there in above screen is correct , but i think it is not updating in 2001...

go to rptarqdbview and check whether there is 2 records with same  id of that absence once ..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check if there was a lock on payroll area or master data was locked you can see in the spool of this posting report why it didn't update

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I note in the screen shot the leave is for year 2013 so is this the issue as we are in 2014.  So all the quota would have been used for 2013?

Best wishes

Julie

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can remove error status using rptarqerr and but make sure this leave is already availabke in 2001 as it didn't post it just changes the status and also run rptarqpost with post with infotype match rptarqpost also posts requests with error status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siddharth,

Does it delete the posted entry in Infotype if i delete it form rptarqerr?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no it wont delete

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No it doesn't delete, the report changes the status to POSTED that's it but without actually posting it, Please note as I said typically RPTARQPOST also picks ERROR status requests Do check why you get error status first in the error log of RPTARQPOST Whats your EA HR version?

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on EA-HR release 607 SP level 0021. We investigate the errors for RPTARQERR and now that we use the field 'Post with infotype match' the errors that appear in RPTARQERR are always either not enough quota or a collision so we reject all those in error and notify the employee that it has been rejected due to either not enough quota or a collision with another time type or attendance.

Best wishes

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhart,

We are on EA-HR 605 and level 38. I just didnt get your point that if the err report changes the status from ERROR to POSTED without actually posting to Infotype then how does "RPTARQPOST" will consider the POSTED status requests?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In rptarqpost, when it changes status from Error to post, it ll definatey post The report rptarqerr changes only the status from error to post and doenst actually post, read the reports documentation You can check the note and follow the steps, it ll avoid error status when there are no actual errors 1113397 - ESS LEA: Leave records not posted to Infotype 2001/2002

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abdul ,

by seeing ur screen shots i came know there is conflict in absence type it is having with same ID over there  chk in se38 : - rptarqdbview ...whether there are any conflict types for the same dates over there  ... go to ptarq and check in display  documents --rptarqdbview . and come to rptarqdel --delete docuemts  and delete which are in sent and error status and check again by applying once in portal another leave .....  in portal wat is the status it is showing and in 2001 is it updated or not for that leave types ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

I am doing the same since i got this error. Its showing "ERROR" status in portal also. I am getting around 10 to 15 issues on this daily. The frequency of leave requests per day is 200 to 250 on an average. Now i need to avoid this kind of error to be repeated again as the user is sensitive in this regard

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok fine ...go to t-code  swia and give the date on the creation  date and dont give the time  which you got errors  u will get there list all with errors and filter them over there and check but this is highly not advisible  as you are in production system and  i think so you can there get a permanent solution , but check the workflow settings and status after approval the leave requests