cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for Production environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

can someone share the best practice for a production environment? or is there a SAP standard best practice to follow in a Production landscape?

i understand there are Best practices available for Implementation , Migration and upgrade. But, i was unable to find one for productive landscape

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

What best practise are you looking for ? If you can be specific on your question we could provide appropriate response.

From my basis experience some of the best practices.

1) Productive landscape should have high availability to business. For this you may setup DR or HA or both.

2) It should have backup configured for which restore has been already tested

3) It should have all the monitoring setup viz application, OS and DB

4) Productive client should not be modifiable

5) Users in Production landscape should have appropriate authorization based on SOD. There should not be any SOD conflicts

6) Transport to Production should be highly controlled. Any transport to Production should be moved only with appropriate Change Board approvals.

7) Relevant Database and OS security parameters should be tested before golive and enabled

😎 Pre-Golive , Post Golive should have been performed on Production system

9) EWA should be configured atleast for Production system

10) Production system availability using DR should have been tested

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

SAP provides some Best Practice documents to follow across all modules and systems . Please see the following link which contains the Link to the Best Practice Documents in the Marketplace.

https://help.sap.com/bestpractices

Regarding your systems , to start off , please check and analyze the EWA reports in your PROD environments.

They provide a very holistic view of the systems and potential areas which might need changes like SAP Parameters , Database Parameters , Standard  Background Jobs , Hardware capacity etc.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Rishi