cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Extention Field in Data Migration Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I extended a field in an Employee Screen but now I need to Extend the same field in the Data Migration Template.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil1101
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue, the fields I have extended via SDK does not appears in Data Migration template however the fields extended as Customer specific are available in Data Migration template.

Why this biased behaviour with fields extended by Cloud App. Studio..

Is there any way to bring these SDK fields in Data Migration.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • If fields are extended through Adaptation mode, then they will get added into Migration Template automatically if level of node and extensibility matrix's found relevant.

• If the field is extended through Cloud SDK, then it should've been extended using [Scenario] annotation selecting migration templates as Process Extension Scenario as shown in the below screenshot.

• Did you try this already?
Former Member
0 Kudos

For me it works as Srivatsava describes. Sometimes....

Maybe there are backend problems, but I have to mark/unmark and activate an clean several times until I see changes. I do not understand on what that depends.

kind regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried with the Process Extension Scenario, but I am going to mark/unmark active and clean and download again like said Frank Pohlmann.

Thank you for your answer.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be automatically derived if you download the migration template after adding the new field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

I did the extension field with the ByD studio (SAP Cloud Applications Studio) and I downloaded the migration template in several occasions but it didn't appears.

My questions is; I need to do some process in the Studio for extend this migration template?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mithun, but I think I was not clear with the problem.

I created a technical extention field in the business object "Employee" with the SAP Cloud Applications Studio and I need this field in the Data Migration Template.

Is it possible? and How can I do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you able to see that fields under employee screen ?

Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adriano,

You can create a Process Extension Scenario in BYD Studio to flow the FE to Migration template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is automatically done if the level of node found relevant for template. You don't have to do anything. Migration template should have the extended field added already when you download it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James, thank you for your answer.

I tried with the Process Extension Scenario and activated all but the extension field didn't appears yet.

Another Idea for extend the migration template with my technical extension field ?

Regards,

Adriano Fazio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mithun,

I can see the field in the screen but no in the migration template, I did the extension field with the ByD studio (SAP Cloud Applications Studio) and I downloaded the migration template in several occasions but it didn't appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srivatsava,

I did the extension field with the ByD studio (SAP Cloud Applications Studio) and I downloaded the migration template in several occasions but it didn't appears.

My questions is; I need to do some process in the Studio for extend this migration template?

Regards,

Adriano Fazio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adriano,

After creating the Extension field on Employee screen go to the Implementation project -> Fine Tunes and Search for "Prepare for Data Migration" after select under this select "Download migration templates" and download the Employee Template again.

Or

Go to Implementation project - > Integrate and Extend activity list under this search for "Migration of Employee Data"  after selecting this popup open for migration of employee data in the popup on Top-Right corner option "You can Also" just press arrow and download the template.

These are the two way to we can download the template.

Many Thanks

Mithun