Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error text SQL0911N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How will you resolve this error.

Database error text SQL0911N The current transaction has been rolled back because of a deadlock or timeout. Reason code "2". SQLSTATE=40001 row=1 RSRL/UPDT//BIC

Runtime Errors DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR
Except.        CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB
SQL0911N deadlock

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dead lock problem is like 2 process both require table A and B.

Process 1 locked table A and waiting for table B, while process 2 locked table B and waiting for table A.

As both process waiting for the other process to release, so it will wait forever and the system solve this problem by killing one of them, and the process being killed got the error you mentioned.

So... back to your question, to solve your problem there are 2 parts

1) For the data loading or process failed

You may just retry it now, as the other process most likely ended

2) To prevent it from happen again

You may need to check the process/loading occur at the time period and re-schedule them to prevent the process to lock each other again, for how to locate the process, it is all about your knowledge to the system, so help we can offer are limited

Regards

Bill

abdullahqureshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think data volume is huge so try with applying filter selection by some restrictions with reduced volume. Also increase the no. of parallel processing from setting of Batch manager in DTP and change the job class to 'A'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I suppose this is master data load for you.

Sometimes there might be a fight between the resources and hence running a load might dump out due to timeout error and may throw a deadlock error.

I would suggest you to check for this dump in ST22 and then decide further actions according to the log mentioned there.

Best Regards,

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there a solution of steps to resolve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

There might be various solutions.

If this is a master data load, try to repeat the failed step.

If this is a transaction data, take the required steps to delete old data and then try to repeat again.

If this is still failing, you need to check the log in ST22 as already adviced.

Also you might try to split the data load on basis of selections and then try as well.

Best Regards,

Arpit

former_member182998
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeev,

From the Error, you have mentioned it seems some Job has been abruptly come to an end . Many reason for this . Google it out.

Please check the T Code St22  or Sm37 for more on that job i.e  how and why it failed

Post this, you can raise up the matter with your BASIS team.

Hope this helps !

Regards

YN

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sanjeev,

Please refer to the below link, it should help you:

(DB) Deadlock Detected in ABAP Short Dump or DB2 Diag Log - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN W...

however, I think you will need basis's help even for this.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Sheen

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take basis/DB team help and solve your issue.

to know the more clarity about your issue, from source system find the related ecc job(related to your info pack) of at SM37 and see the log details.