cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read errorlog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sybase installed and running on Linux. How can I read the errorlog? for example from windows client?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two methods

1. Using a text editor

The location of the errorlog file can be found in the RUN_<db server name> file located at $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install. For me it is located at /Sybase/Sybase_15-0/install/RUN_<DBServer>. This file will give you the location of the error log and then you can read it using any text editor on the database server host.

2. Using a query tool

If you want to use a query client tool to access errorlog then one option is to enable the mda tables for error log. You might want to do a bit of reading on these first before trying it out in production.

Here is what you need.

exec sp_configure 'enable monitoring',1

exec sp_configure 'errorlog pipe active', 1

exec sp_configure 'errorlog pipe max messages', 300 -- tweak it as per your requirement and resources.

go

After you have set up these parameters you might use master..monErrorLog to look at the error log using a select statement. The user should be added to mon_role to access this table.

warm regards,

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I have config "log audit logon failure", "log audit logon success" to 1.  then I test login with right and wrong password, the check errorlog from monErrorLog, it only give me 4 rows always, and no record for login failed. How to figure it out?

Answers (0)