cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management & Funds Management integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

During creation of a travel request & when I am entering amount in "Estimated Costs" field, I am getting an error message as "Error creating commitment: Trip status has been set to 'open'. Message no. PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE098". This is due to Funds Management activation by the FICO team. My client requires budget check in Travel Management.

From my side I have created an expense type with details like:-

Short name: for example, Estimated Costs

○  Travel Expense Category: Other

○  Amounts are: Estimated Costs, No Reimbursement to Employee

Do I need to maintain symbolic & G/L for the same? Is there any other config I am missing.

Please help to solve the issue.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Whats the short name you have given for  Estimated Costs(ESTC)???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

It is ESTM.

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check for config in V_T706B1  for Estimated Costs  with name should be  ESTC

you need to change it  ESTC.

If you have activated the integration to funds management, the system tries to create a commitment for the entered estimated cost. For this it is necessary, as the error message says, to create an expense type for the estimated cost in V_T706B1 with the use 'Estimated Cost'.

This expense type is then inserted in the trip and later on, when your create the expense report, you are forced to delete this

expense type again.

If you have the funds management active, you need to go to maintainance view V_T706B1 and create an expense type for which you choose out of the 'special use' drop down box the value 'extimated cost, no reimbursement'.

This was new functionality with ERP2005 but this is unusual as almost all PTRA_WEB_INTERFACE174 or error messages as you see are the result of incorrect definition of estimated cost in V_T706B1 - is there an entry for this in V_T706B4 by any chance that would cause the inconsistency?

Hope this could help!

Thanks

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After your estimated cost  configuration, you need to maintain table  table V_T706B4.

this will solve your problem