cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definitions of Decimal Place Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have the definitions of the decimal place settings in Administration > System Initialization > General Settings?  I used to have something that defined the different types of numeric fields, but I can't find it now.   The B1 documentation gives no information at all.  I'm using version 9.0, but an older listing would be helpful as well.

Thanks very much.

Marcia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Amount. Price and decimal place in query

These two fields have relation with currency set-up decimal and decimal places in query field.

How:

When you set-up "default" in currency set-up, system will take decimal place from amount and price field

When you set-up 2 or 3, or 4 decimal places in currency set-up system will not consider amount and price set-up. (Display tab)

In case of query, when you retrieve data directly from the field, based on decimal places in amount and price, result will be displayed

For example:

select t0.quantity, t0.price from RDR1 t0

Result:

Quantity    price

1                20.35 ( assume you have defined quantity decimal has 1 and price with 2 decimal in display tab

In case of query with simple calculation, decimal places in query, will take effect on query result.

For example:

decimal place in query place is set to zero

select t0.quantity * T0.price from RDR1 T0,

Result:

If you set two decimal places in query, result will be 20.35

Example fields for each:

Amount:

line total and document total for all documents

Price:

Unit price for all documents

Quantity

Quantity for all documents

Rates:

Exchange rate and indexes and rates in marketing documents

Decimal place in query:

Decimal place in query is important when you perform calculation in queries.

Hope you will understand my explanation.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Decimal Places

Define the number of decimal places displayed for amounts, prices, exchange rates, quantities, percentages, units, and calculated values in queries.

For all of the decimal settings, except for calculated values in queries, the following applies:

• If no journal entry has been posted, you can increase or decrease the number of decimal places.
  • After a journal entry has been posted, you can only increase the number of decimal places, up to 6 digits. This change is irreversible. Decreasing the number of decimal places after a journal entry has been posted is impossible.

Note Note

The decimal places definition affects the calculations in SAP Business One, and the values that are saved in the database. For example, if you choose 2 decimal places for amounts and you work with 6 decimal places for very small prices and quantities, totals might be not accurate.

Thanks

Mohammad Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mohammad.  I have seen this information.  What I am looking for is the definition of the individual fields: amounts, rates, units, etc.  It is not clear exactly what is meant by each one, since many of the terms could be used interchangeably.

Marcia