cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Completed workitems from User's Inbox without deleting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a typical requirement to remove work items which are completed from user's inbox. Since the workflow is already completed - Logical deletion is not possible. User does not want me to delete the work items from database.

Is there any other way by which I can remove these work items from user's inbox?

Note: These work items are really old (7 yrs ago) and would have vanished from user's inbox if the user just opened it. However, this action was not performed, and the POs are already archived. So even if the user is reopening the work items now, they are not disappearing from his inbox.

Please let me know if there is a solution for this issue.

Regards,

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There  is a concept called workitem archievin  .  Check the link  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/8d/3e704c462a11d189000000e8323d3a/content.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Can you please confirm, your(Clients) inbox is refreshed properly ? Otherwise check with the respective people (Portal person) to refresh it, because a work item will not stay in inbox after completion.

Regards,

Murali Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain - how is it possible to have a workitem in the inbox when the workflow is already completed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained earlier these are very old workflows and the last step is notification on PR approval. The user was notified, and the workflow completed. But the notifications are still waiting in user's inbox.

Ideally the user should read these notifications and they would disappear. However, user did not perform these steps, few years ago. Now the user is trying to perform these steps and the work item is not disappearing

Regards.

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

now I see. As those are only notification workitems, they might stay in inbox even after the main WS was completed (in fact I did not know this happens).

1st thing - if it is only a notification, maybe you should confront the users why they do not want to delete them as their value is null

2nd if users need to know the technical solution, you may propose them deleting not the workitem itself, but only it's relation to the user (tables SWWUSERWI, SWWORGTASK).

3rd maybe admin-run of the workitems (trans. SWIA) would do the job (or FM SAP*WAPI*COMPLET*WORK*) and those will simply leave those two tables mentioned and their status could change to completed.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are these workitems or are they emails?

If they are workitems then I too can't understand how they can be in anyone's inbox if the workflow has been completed. Could you show a screenshot of the workflow design?

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Ideally the workitem should have been removed from user's inbox, but seems your workflow design did not support/implement this earlier.

Anyways, if you do not want it to logically delete then you will have to assign someone else as agents of these unuseful work items. Maybe you can create some dummy user and forward all those work items to him.

check this thread also removing work items from user's inbox | SCN

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

I tried forwarding these work items to dummy agent. But since the overall workflow is complete, these work items being notifications only, I was not able to forward completed work items

The only option that I can think of is Deletion. But since it is production instance, I do not want to delete the data. If you are aware of any other way by which these work items can be removed from user's inbox please let me know.

Regards,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to do 'Complete Manually' for entire workflow or for particular user action work item  which is in 'In process' state. use tcode SWIA for manually completing the work item.

Also what is the status of work item which you need to remove ?

Regards,

Ibrahim