cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM Cutover

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

It is intended to implement SAP WM module at my company.

For the cut-over activities, is it possible to create a warehouse on the existing storage location with material stock?

i intend to adopt the following procedure

- issue the existing stock of all materials to a cost center

- send the transport for WM onto the PRD server

- extend WM views on the target materials

- create the storage bins for material placement in the system

- reverse the material issue document to bring the stock back

- place it in the relevant storage bin

Experts, I would like to inquire if the above mentioned procedure is ok?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why do you want to  post accounting entries ?  what if before the Cancellation there is some Purchase/receipt/invoice posted for the material which changes the valuation?   Plz try the below procedure:

1-Create  a Dummy/Temp  Storage Location and move all stock this storage location by MB1B 311 mvt.

2-Move your WM transport to Production System.

3-Maintain all  WM related Master data ,material extensions, Bins creations etc

4-Now transfer stock back to this WM managed storage location.

Once you move stock back, it will show in Interim "921  storage type.  You wil need to move it from here to the actual physical bins  .

You can do that by LT01 , mvt 999  , to move stock from this source to actual Bins.  This can be done by LSMW as well.

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raviraj,

Point taken as far as the accounting entry is concerned.

However, if all activities related to valuation of material are suspended, will it be okay then?

The reason i am insisting on this procedure is that i will not be required to create a new storage location. One that will be of no used following the completion of Cutover. Also, since there will be a history maintained on the new storage location, it will impact the reporting.

On the other hand, once a reversal is done for the cost center entry, the balances interms of value will be nullified and the impact will be none.

Your comments ...

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I suggested is the most common way in which this scenario is handled and is proven to work.  Another way would be to create a new WM managed Sloc and use that for all future purposes .

And  its always better to Avoid accounting entries where there actually are None.  

Yeah, I dont think there should be any technical constraints of doing things your way either. But im not sure of the impact on reporting with this way .

Have you checked  this cycle in Sandbox?   The cancellation document with 202  mvt type,  will create some WM movement as well ,  Check the Interim storage type  for the same. Then transfer stocks to the final bin.   If it works for you, then you can go ahead .

khurram_barakzai
Participant
0 Kudos

My team has tested the scenario using Cost Center on Sandbox. It works fine.

once the material document of 201 is reversed, the stock is placed on the interim storage type 911 for subsequent placement in the Storage Bins.

Though it will create an accounting entry, duly nullified, it will not create any unusable information in the system.

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it should not be a problem. All the best with your project!

Answers (0)