SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW change article master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As I am new in Retail, i need to know detail steps how to perform LSWM (IDOC method) to change material master (MM42)

providing that needed fields are article code - vendor - purchase organization .. and the field to be changed is tax code located in purchasing view.

Or there is another method to mass change for these materials.

Appreciating your quick response,

Thanks..

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dee,

maybe transaction MASS_EINE may help you.

If you want to upload data via excel, you also can try if transaction MASS with object BUS3003 (Purchasing Info Record) is sufficient for your requirement.

Regards

Tobias

joseph_demoya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

You have multiple options of how to create an LSMW project to maintain Article Master data within SAP.

You can use the IDOC method using message type ARTMAS Basic Type ARTMAS05, you can use standard input or direct input with object 020 Article Master Method 0000 - program RMDATIND and even BAPI with BUS1001001  Retail article

What you will need to do is work through each of the process steps within after defining the object attributes which include defining the source structure and fields (i.e. you flag file structure) and mapping the source structure fields to the target structure (I.E. IDoc fields) and then specifying the location of the flat file.

If you need more specific details you might want to check out SAP - Press.com website and search for the book Migrating Your SAP Data.

http://www.sap-press.com/products/Migrating-Your-SAP-Data-%282nd-Edition%29.html

there are websites that have some high level details but each project is unique you might not be able to get the exact layout of what you need but they can provide you with some starting places.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/LSMW/IDocMethod/IDocMethod1.htm