Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order - Withdraw Quantity

hans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

can I kindly ask for a concept on how the field "Withdrawal Qty" works in the Production Order?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hi Han You Lin,

For a production order or process order of quantity 100 EA so and components will have same quantity as 100 EA (1:1 ration) Now if you do the goods movement 261 through MB1A or MIGO Goods withdrawals which get posted with reference for the reservation or production order will have  "Withdrawal Qty". Suppose you do the movement type 261 for 50 EA then you will have  "Withdrawal Qty" as 50. After that if you again do the 261movement  for 20 EA then Withdrawal Qty get updated as 70 EA.

In 'Components' of production orders or the detail list 'Materials' in the order information system you can see the  "Withdrawal Qty". as per the 261 movements done for production order.

Also note if you activate flag backflush for this material in material master as post the partial confirmation  "Withdrawal Qty".get updated as per the confirmation quantity.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

hans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

thanks a lot for your clear explanation.

But I do have one more question regarding to Withdrawal quantity.

Apart from Production order Back Flushing / Goods Issue (261),

would there be any other factors that would affect the withdrawal quantity?

Especially with regards to control key PP02 (Production order external processing with purchase order)

The reason I'm asking this is because right now, I have external processing production order where

withdrawal quantity > confirmed quantity (CO11N) and I have absolutely no idea where the excess withdrawal quantities are from.

And the weird thing is, Production Costing is giving me the correct figures even those withdrawal quantity is in excess.

Thanks again

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hi Han You Lin,

User can manully change the withdrawal quantity in confirmation. Goto OMCQ and make the M7 362 message as error message. Or BAdi WORKORDER_GOODSMOVEMENT to restrict the excess issue of material.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a production order is created, the system automatically creates a reservation for the necessary material components. Each material component in the order is dealt with under a different item number in the reservation. The reserved materials cannot be issued from stock until the operation or phase to which they are allocated in the order has been released. There are two ways in which you can post a goods movement:

· Manually in inventory management

· As part of process control by transferring a material consumption in production order confiramtion

If the‘backflush’ indicator is set for a component contained in the material list, the goods issue is posted automatically when you create the confirmation for the respective phase.
For information about how you can control whether a material is to be backflushed, see Backflushing.

The withdrawal of the components causes the value of the components issued to be debited to the order for each cost element and origin as actual costs.

To issue material components from stock, you can either refer to the order number or to the reservation number. The reservation number is displayed on the General Data screen for the component.

Regards

Tao