Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave request Error in ESS

former_member1271165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greetings !!

One of our user is facing a weird issue while he is trying to apply for a leave through ESS.

He is applying for a leave for absence type ABC for which he is having enough quota, an error message is coming while he is submitting the leave as below:

"No absence quota type 1/01/20 on 17.06.2014" - This error is of absence type XYZ,

More information about this issue:

- Employee has enough quota for which he is trying to apply for leave

- The error message which is showing as error (absence type  XYZ 1/01/20) is a different absence type and this absence type is delimited on 31.12.2010.

- Though the leave type is delimited, it is coming as error message for only one employee while he is applying for leave of a different absence type.

Can some one help me providing solution how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First try to create the same leave type with same dates in ECC side in PA30 and check it is it allowing or showing error.

And also check the leave type quota deduction start and end dates are valid or not for current year.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In leave request we consider all open requests of absences for validating current request and not necessarily current request that's the reason you get error message for an absence which is not related to the one you are applying read here the concept http://scn.sap.com/thread/2068984 http://scn.sap.com/thread/3508890 Read note 1070831 which explains how quota deduction is done both in leave request and TMW which are based on same technology. So to summarize Absences are picked up for the quota deduction , they are picked in the ascending order of the begin date of the absences \In  the standard TMW framework, when the data is simulated it first backtracks the PA2001 record and based on the ascending order the quota is deducted, therefore the first quota is deducted by the simulated requests and the Infotype 2001 record is deducted from the second Infotype 2006 record. so check for this user if he has any open request ie in sent/approved not yet posted status which ll also account for quota!! and will sorted again in ascending order and all requests will be considered for quota deduction if they are open!

former_member1271165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have checked in the system as suggested and found the user joined on 01.04.2014 and trying to apply leave during end of month.

He is having enough quota and this this his first leave request. There are no previous leave requests which are in IT 2001 Queue which might confiict with this request.

Please suggest if there is any other solution. And for your information, only this employee is getting an error while applying leave and no other employees in the same PA/PSA/EG/ESG facing this issue.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you show the error screenprint? If he has no pending leave, then ensure counting rules and grouping has been done correctly I agree with above, there is a check for this type of employee group and subgroup, and error is thrown from your badi, Please check badi implementation ie thru SE18 or put a BP at the error message and check what constellation leads to this error message 1674847 - Correcting inconsistencies in leave deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

give the start date as 01.04.2014 and end date as 31.12.2014 for that leave type  and check once in pa30 in 2001 book that leave and chk whether any error is getting in r3 chk once and later try in portal

former_member1271165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions !!

The issue is resolved now.

The PERNR for which the error occured is a Rehire. In his previous assignment, there was one Absence type existing in IT 2006, whose deduction end period is 31.12.9999. Though this absence type is not valid during current assignment, as it's deduction period is 31.12.9999 and it is first record in IT 2006, it is conflicting with the new request.

Now, we have delimited the deduction end period of the old Absence type and the user is able to apply for leave successfully. Once again, thanks a lot for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Narayana,

Glad to hear that you got the Solution, Please close the thread.

Regards,

Mohsin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u plz give start date and end date correctly once as  from 01.01.2014 to end date as 31.12.2014 and try once for that leave type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Narayana,

I think this is Custom Error Message, in Standard Error Messages of Leave Request we don't have this Error Message. Please check whether you have implemented BADI PT_ABS_REQ, might be some body implemented Validations for Absences in this badi and you would have got this message from there.

Regards,

Mohsin.

former_member1271165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohsin,

If the error message is due to the implementation of BADI, what is the solution to fix this issue. This issue is not facing by all. It's coming for only one employee. Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Narayana,

First of all check whether BADI is implemented or not and let us know, then you can debug for this particular employee and find out the reason why the error message is getting triggered.

Regards,

Mohsin

former_member1271165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohsin,

I checked in the ESS Configuration and found the BAdi IM_PT_ABS_REQ_CUST is Active.

Apologies for late response. I am new to support Portal issues, it has taken time for me to know which BAdi is implemented for Leave request.

Please suggest how to fix the issue. Thank you !!

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai Narayana,

Check table V_566R_B and verify for both leave types all details including validity period.

Note:

Verify is there any request in sent status (submitted for approval)

Verify for collision also

All the best.

Regards,

TG

former_member1271165
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

The issue is coming for only one employee in a Personnel Area. I am able to apply from backend SAP with no errors. Error is coming only while applying through ESS.

@ T G: I don't find any table V_566R_B in SAP system. Can you please re-check and let me know the correct table name. Thanks !!

gangadharrao_tenneti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry,

its V_556R_B - deduction rules for abs quotas