cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load data from EXCEL file into Table UI on the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement to Load data from an excel file(simple tablular data) into a table on the screen. Please suggest the best possible approach to deal with this requirement.

Should we go for client side processing or server side processing of the excel? for either of the approaches please provide some details.

Our landscape: SAPUI5 on SAP Netweaver ABAP AS

Thanks,

Immanuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Immanuel,

You can use class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES and method GUI_UPLOAD to load data of excel in an internal table.

Now play with the internal table and generate a final internal table that you can use to display alv report. To display you can use below classes and methods.

cl_salv_table           : For display

cl_salv_functions    : For activating functions(User action) on output screen.

Thanks and Regards,
Satish

------------

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses. My requirement is NOT to update any backend table. I just want to load an excel file from the desktop and display the contents on the screen in a tabular format.

Thanks

Immanuel

RaghavRathor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi  Chandrashekhar Mahajan,

If we want to upload data from our local machine which is saved  in excel file, then what code we have to write. Can you please suggest some code to achieve this.

Thanks

Raghav Rathor

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you want to load data into some Z table in backend and want to display its content as sapui5 table? if yes then just write simple program to upload excel file to insert/update Z table in the backend and then create OData service to show this data in entitycollection. then code ui5 application to consume this OData service to show data in sapui5 table.

you can refer my blog where I explained how to show backend data content in sapui5 table.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiii,

You can create a BAPI to load the data into relevant fields of ZTABLE.

Ask the ABAP team to do so .

Regards,

Akshay