cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher redirection is not working for Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've configured our web dispatcher (release 741) for 2 systems (ERP 6 ECC 7 & Portal 7.4) using different ports.

We're able to redirect to ECC system by calling the web dispatcher host name and configured port number but we are unable to redirect to Portal system by calling the web dispatcher host name and respective configured port number.

Below is the the trace of "dev_webdisp" file:

[Thr 09] Tue May 6 16:47:49 2014

[Thr 09] *** ERROR => No matching target system for request '/favicon.ico' [icrxx.c 5077]

[Thr 09] *** ERROR => IcrFindTargetSystem() failed. [http_plg.c 9178]

[Thr 09] *** ERROR => No target SAP system for request {000203f5} [http_route.c 2544]

Application server monitor for the Portal system is invalid and it is not responding to the ping requests.

Please find below the instance profile parameters that we've configured:

icm/server_port_2 = PROT=HTTP,MSHOST=srmdev, PORT=8080

icm/server_port_3 = PROT=HTTP,MSHOST=srmdev, PORT=8090

wdisp/system_0 = SID=PD1, MSHOST=EP Hostname, MSPORT=8101, SRCSRV=*:8080, SRCURL=/

wdisp/system_1 = SID=RD1, MSHOST=ECC Hostname, MSPORT=8100, SRCSRV=*:8090, SRCURL=/sap/bc/;/sap/public/

The issue is only with the Java system (Portal). We tried different SRCURL for EP (/irj/ etc) but it didn't work out.

Please let us know what could be the issue with the Portal parameters.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run sapwebdisp -checkconfig. The Web Dispatcher has to be able to connect to the message server of AS JAVA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samuli,

Thanks for the reply!!!

No, the web dispatcher is not able to connect to the message server of AS JAVA.

Attached screenshot for your reference.

Today, we added the following line in the profile file for portal redirection after which the url re-direction (Web Disp--> Portal) started happening for us.

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, FROM=/irj/*, TO=/irj/portal, HOST=EP, PORT=50000

But still, when I click on the Monitor Application Servers for Portal System in Web Dispatcher, it is marked as red.

Wondering what are we missing in the configuration step.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a network issue? Try "telnet ephostname 8101" from the Web Dispatcher host. If telnet is unable to connect, contact your network admin. ICM redirects are client directives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

No, there is no n/w issue. We are able to telnet the Portal server on 8101 from the Web Dispatcher host.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share the output of checkconfig?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Please find below the screenshot for the issue with Java system (PD1).

I feel that this is the issue for the AS Java entry to be red.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is described in SAP note 1935421.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag

Just refer the SAP Note 1911913 - 500 Dispatching error thru web dispatcher

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for providing the note number for the issue.

I've gone through it and as per the note it has been advised to apply at least the patch level specified in the section "SP Patch Level".

I'll discuss the same with my BASIS team and will get back to you on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reproduced the error myself with a older patch level of Web Dispatcher 7.40. You will get the desired result once you upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Our Web dispatcher kernel release is 741.

Please find below the screenshot for the same.

The problem is that we are not getting the patch for 741 kernel release in the market place. We are getting it for 740 kernel release.

I feel that we'll have to again install Web Dispatcher with 740 Kernel release.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct, patches for 7.41 aren't available for download and this is mentioned in SAP note 908097. You can just extract the 7.40 web dispatcher on top of the existing one, no real installation is required. Patch level 65 is the latest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you prefer not to upgrade (or rather downgrade to a more recent patch level), you can also use the instance profile parameter wdisp/ping_java_url as described in SAP note 1976259.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Shall do it and let you know the outcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

We are not able to find the proper DVD for SAP Web Dispatcher 7.4.

We tried with Kernel 740 Unicode but no luck its looking for different label, looked at some blogs and got information that yet 7.40 DVD is not uploaded.

Please help in getting the DVD's information so that we can download the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't have to install it. Just download the latest patch and extract on top of the existing directory. If you insist on installing SAP Web Dispatcher, it is included in the SWPM Kernel archive, see /sltoolset for details.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly refer the SAP lnk for NW 7.4

https://service.sap.com/guidefinder

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for all the help!!!

The issue is resolved now by .applying the latest patch 67 (Kernel 7.40) on top of the existing one.

I am able to successfully redirect to my Portal server.

However, there is one more issue which has been occurring.

When I am calling the Web Dispatcher URL to redirect to my ECC system, the protocol switch from http to https is happening though we have not defined it in the profile parameters.

Wondering what should we do to avoid this automatic protocol switch.

Attaching the profile parameters as you might be interested in to have a look at them.

Should we define the redirect rule for ECC system as well like we've defined it for Portal system.

Appreciate if you can provide some inputs on the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

The switch from HTTP to HTTPS is probably caused by the ICF service configuration, you can change the respective ICF service not to swith to HTTPS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

The protocol switch does not occur when we call the direct ECC Web Dynpro Application URL.

It only happens at the time of re-direction from the web dispatcher.

If it would have been due to ICF service configuration, I feel that it should have been the case while accessing the direct ECC application URL as well.

Please confirm, if I my understanding is correct here.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from ICF configuration only table HTTPURLLOC can affect the generation of URLs in the backend system, and of course the available ports in SMICM but that would affect direct access to ECC as well. You could provide a HTTP trace, it would be helpful in analyzing the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Yes, you are correct.

The switch from HTTP to HTTPS was because of the active services maintained in ICM.

I just deactivated the service and that did the trick for me.

Thanks for all the help.

I've marked the thread as answered.

Regards,

Anurag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Yes, I've already gone through the above notes.

Please be informed that the release version of SAP Web Dispatcher is 741 and the note talks about the issue with 7.20 release version.

Moreover, our portal development server is not on load balancing. It's a single dedicated application server.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag