cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textile Solution (Weaving, Processing, Stitching)

0 Kudos

Dear All Expert,

I requested to all of forum's expert to provide guidance/ help to find best solution mapping for the mentioned below requirement?

We have plan to implement SAP standard application with FI, CO, PP, MM, SD, QM modules in the textile industries and they are producing finish fabric Duvet, Duvet covers, bed Sheets, Pillows cover,  Table Cloths, Curtains, ect with multiple quality/ construction and 100% cotton or any cotton/ polyester ratio.

They have following three major section in their manufacturing operation.

​​Weaving Section:

• Warping Processing
  • Weaving (looms)
  • Mending/ Folding

Processing Section:

• Bleaching (Singeing, Bleaching, Mercerizing)
  • Dyeing
  • Printing
  • Folding & Packaging​​

Stitching Section:

• Cutting
  • Cut to Sewing
  • Packaging

Process Flow:

1.     Process started from customer inquiry for requirement duvet covers, pillow covers in piece or sets.

2.     Pre-costing against customer inquiry

3.     Then quote price on quotation and send to customer against their inquiry

4.     After quotation process, customer's contract (with variable information like construction/ quality, color, design, packaging, sizes so on) has been created

5.     After contract's agreement, procurement department make sure availability of yarn and other required chemical against particular sale contract.

6.     Some pieces as sample send to customer for their approval. After approval by customers start weaving process.

7.     After material availability, weaving department start manufacturing process like warping, weaving, mending/folding to convert yarn into grey fabric. Here we found quality of stock in three grades like A, B, C. After completion this process, grey fabric issued to processing section. 3 to 5% wastage factor found on grey fabric manufacturing.

8.     Then processing dept start bleaching, dyeing, printing and folding/packaging  process. After processing, product can also be salable as finish fabric to customer as finished product. Here we found quality of stock in three grades like A, B, C, cut piece After completion this process, finish fabric issued to stitching section in case of home accessories. 3% wastage factor found on finish fabric manufacturing.

9.     For producing home textile accessories, finished fabric issued to cutting section as their request to processing section. Cutting section make sure availability of required ready to stitching piece for stitching section as per client requirement. 1% wastage factor found in cutting section. Cutting section manage inventory as well.

10.     After receiving pieces from cutting section, stitching section sewing the pieces. On completion work by stitching, handover to packaging for customer defined packaging.

11.     Packaging section make packaging as per customer requirement under stitching section and handover to sale and marketing dept for delivery to customer.

12. Profitability analysis against customer's contract/ order.

Help, guidance and process mapping solution provided by anybody will be highly for me and other forum's users.

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All Forum's Expert,

I really thanks all of you for your helpful reply (Sadan Kumar Das, Reena Patel, Dogboy 49, Stefan Weisenberge) and please except my apologies on late reply as i was busy from last couple of days in a major project's activities in pharma sector.

Let me introduce myself, I will work on the textile project  (will start in couple of days probably next week) as PP Consultant.

We have here all team for entire list of modules (FICO, SD, MM, PP and QM).

We would like to implement here standard SAP ERP  except IS solution with little bit help of our ABAP team.

I have tried to map production related processes (viewing and processing as mentioned in my second last post on play server but my pain area is stitching area (Cutting, Sewing and Packaging) after finishing the fabric. May here we need abap help to define stitching and cutting program templates to cater the business need. Need help if any body have experience on it.

Customer requirement specific to stitching Section:-

1. Planning team developed a form/ report (Stitching Program) in their legacy system as per delivery schedule (for different contracts/ orders) and provide same output to cutting and stitching section.

2. Then cutting dept developed a form/ report (Cutting Program length to width or width to length which reduce the wastage) and calculate the total fabric requirement as need for entire contract/ order. After that they raised request to finishing store for finished fabric issuance (as per quality and size which specified in the contract/ order). Cutting section make sure availability of required ready to stitching piece for stitching section as per stitching program requirement. 1% wastage factor found in cutting section. Cutting section manage inventory as well between cutting and sewing dept.

2. After receiving pieces from cutting section, stitching section sewing the cutting's pieces (may required different/ multiple finish fabric type for duvet cover sewing) as per stitching program . On completion work by stitching, handover to packaging for customer defined packaging.

3. Packaging section make packaging as per customer requirement under sewing section and handover to sale and marketing dept for delivery to customer.

Here i am in need help by forum's expert to design/ mapping above business need in standard ERP with help of ABAP team.

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Added one more thing, I have succeeded to map process in standard sap from weaving to process through MTO with variant configuration by super BOM (class, dependencies, material variant) and super routing (classes, dependencies) in discrete manufacturing but not successful in the stitching section in BOM and routing and structure.

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Please provide any help on above post to cover the business need.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know where you got stuck.

Whole process scenarion contains  FI, CO, SD, MM , PP , QM

For which module your asking for help. I can help in PP & QM.

Please specify in PP & QM. where from you are getting issue.

I don't thing so one can give proper answer in this context unless you specify the proper scenario in a Module.

Regards,

Sadan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nasir,

Yes you wanna plan to implement SAP standard application with FI, CO, PP, MM, SD, QM modules in the textile industries but as per my knowedlege you can't impliment SAP systems without help of perticular module consultants you have to hire consultants for thease all mapping in SAP as i also working in leading textile industry as a SAP enduser and textile is a very vast so may be you can get basic information as well as module wise help you can get through SCN experts but before that your coustomization should be completed and while customizing you are facing any perticular help then you can raise query on SAP...

Regards,

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nasir,

It is unclear exactly where your problem lies in 'stitching'.  Please elaborate.

Some Textile manufacturing companies find it useful to install the standard Mill Products Addin.

Here are some resources that will give you more information about this subject:

SAP Help

SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

Service Marketplace

https://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_KEY=...

SCN Forum

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Dogboy (&Nasir),

thanks for pointing towards mill products.

We got a number of customer in the textile production space, and the foundation is typically a combination of batch management & variant configuration to model the dimensions and dye and pattern information throughout the logistical processes.

As an enhancement on top of vanilla SAP ERP, we often utilize the industry extension for Mill Products, to enhance the process requirements around colour and dye lots with "original batch". Further options for optimized processing of manufacturing orders utilize either "order combination" or various features in SAP APO with characteristic-dependend planning.

If you still need more information around this one, pls send me an email.

Best regards,

Stefan

Director SAP for Mill Products