cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customise ESS Travel and Expenses apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to customise the front end of the travel and expenses applications for ESS in a customer's portal and wondered if anyone has any experience of using the BADI TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING to change the layout of the expenses Web Dynpro screens.

For instance, when you first choose to create a new expenses report my client doesn't want to have the "Departure From" field as it isn't relevant to their business. How would I use the TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING badi to stop this from displaying? I could easily add code to the relevant Web Dynpro component to hide this field but this doesn't seem like the correct approach. I have had a quick look at the IMG activity "Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro" but I can't see where I could hide the "Departure From" field here. Also, how would I go about hiding one of the columns on the additional destination table view? Say I wanted to hide the time column for instance, again I could change the Java but I don't think that is the correct approach. Can this sort of change be performed via the BADI I mention?

Does anyone have any ideas/advice on how to perform these sort of customisations without resorting to manually customising the Java code of the Web Dynpro views?

Thanks,

Gareth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gareth,

Some of this might be accomplished through customizing. I know that this is in ERP2005. Try following the the cusomizing path:

Financial Accounting(New)->Travel Management->Employee Self-Services->Interface Configuration for the Web-Dynpro Interface in Travel Management.

There is a IMG Activity called Schema and Single Field control for Web Dynpro. Here you can configure a lot of fields based on Trip Schema. For instance we have turned off the Departure From field within this customizing.

I know that this reply does not help with BADI implementation but you may not need the BADI.

Best Regards,

Chris H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have found this config and achieved some of our requirements through it but it doesn't cover all of the requirements unfortunately. I've spent a fair bit of time looking through the Web Dynpro code and it appears that some of the UI elements are controlled via config, some aren't, and some give the impression they are but actually aren't!! It's a little inconsistent to say the least. Some are dynamically rendered whilst others appear to be hard coded. It's a bt of a mine field!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gareth.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gareth,

I have smilar requirement to customise the :All My Trips and Expenses" in Travel and Expense like

1. Need to add another column that displays the customise status of the trip based on some query

2. delete the Status column from the screen

3. add another tab onto the screen.

Do you have any idea how to move ahead.

Thanks

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all ,

In reference to the original question - about travel and expenses applications for ESS ..

In the ESS / portal application 'Travel and Expenses' ,

Can I restrict the values populated in the drop-down box ?

I need to restrict the values populated in the dropdown box 'Country'

The ESS application is a standard WebDynpro application which must fetch data from the R/3 database tables.

Can I use a BADI to restrict the values that show in the country DropDown box ??

I located the same BADI as Gareth did.

TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING under the path Financial Accounting(New)->Travel Management->Web DynPro Interface->Business Add-Ins and User Exits in Travel Management->Web Dynpro Interface->BAdI: Make Adjustments in Customizing for Web Dynpro

Side Note :

( I created a local instance of the BADI and inserted a breakpoint.

When I created a Travel instance from the ESS in the Enterprise Portal, the breakpoint was not called. So, how do I tell if I can or cannot use the BADI ??

I ran the same transaction in R/3 using TRIP transaction.

The breakpoint coded in the BADI instance did not trigger, maybe because the BADI is only for Web GUI / Portal )

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gareth,

if you are on NW04s/ERP2005 you can use the Web Dynpro Personalization functionality to adapt your required layout to the standard Web Dynpro UI, without modifications!

pls refer to this thread:

cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks very much for the link to the other thread - it's very helpful. Is it possible to apply the personalization against an iView for all users or is it set against the specific user? We would want to set the personalization across the whole of the system for all users so they all get a consistent UI.

Is there any way using the personalization to completely hide a column in a table - for instance the Time column in the Additional Destinations view of the ESS service "Create New Expense Report"? My customer wants to completely remove some columns to align with their business processes. My colleague and I have spent a good few days playing around with the WD code to try and achieve this but we aren't getting very far and we both don't feel happy at the level of code changes we are having to make to achieve such simple changes.

We also need to add a new custom field into one of the views (the general data view) and then feed this value back to the backend and then display it in a number of other views. What is the best/easiest way to find out which infotypes and/or BADI's are linked to a given view in the ESS applications?

Thanks very much,

Gareth.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gareth,

1.) If you apply the personalization from the administrator perspective its for all users who access this very iView. If you apply it from the End User perspective its a personalication just for the user. As administrator you can prohibid End User personalization.

Pls refer to this SAP Docu: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/ed3ce7f8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

2.) I dont see any reasons why this should not work. Havent tried it yet tho.

3.) If we talk about the "Own Data" ESS services you can use the BAdI i have posted at the other thread. Its pretty much straight forward. If we talk about other changes, like ESS Travelmanagement for instance, its way more work, as you dont necessarily have a suitable BAdI provided. You may need to modify/enhance the standard code in order to handle your "new" UI field in the backend.

cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks again for the further information. The personalization option looks like it will resolve around 75% of my customer's requirements which is really good.

With regard to hiding a column, you can hide the data rows but not the column header so you end up with an empty column - my customer wants to completely remove it so I guess we will have to alter the code!

Yes, I'm specifically trying to alter the travel management services - the expense report service in fact.

Thanks for your help,

Gareth.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gareth,

actually you can hide columns of table UIs:

CTRL-right click on the table's upper left cell:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/16657/UI_Persoanlization1.jpg">Table UI Personalization 1</a>

Hide the column:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/16657/UI_Personalization2.jpg">Table UI Personalization 2</a>

cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks again, I'd not spotted that.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<bump>

Anyone?!