Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas error "Retrieving user profile information from the server failed."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas Experts,

I got the issue that cannot get user information from server. Here is the log:

Retrieving user profile information from the server failed.

System.Xml.XmlException: Cannot deserialize response.

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Profiles.BSP.BspProxy.GetUserProfileInfo(Boolean forceReload)</string><string>15/5/2014 10:50:34,818393 FATAL Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.ApplicationStateController-&gt;HandleException -

Caught exception thrown by the ProfileManager that couldn't be handled.

Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Profiles.Exceptions.CallToServerFailedException: Retrieving user profile information from the server failed.

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Profiles.BSP.BspProxy.GetUserProfileInfo(Boolean forceReload)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Profiles.BSP.BspProxy.ListSystems(Boolean forceReload)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Profiles.ConfigManager.GetSystemConfigs(Boolean forceReload)

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.ApplicationStateController.&lt;LoadSystems&gt;b__3()

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Common.Utils.ThreadingHelper.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClassf.&lt;RunInBackground&gt;b__d()

at Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Common.Utils.ThreadingHelper.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClassf.&lt;RunInBackground&gt;b__e(Object a)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

I have made all the configurations as configuration notes, there is still one thing that I'm still waiting for Basis guy to do. is this caused problem?

I also provide the configuration check of my system in attached.

RESTGUI node in SICF works fine.

HTTP connection works fine.

Can somebody let me know what I am missing now. Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think the solution is only to apply the latest patch for SAP Kernel. Unfortunately, we cannot do it right now. I will assume that issue is resolved, if I could check further will update the thread.

Update on 22May2014.

I found the reason why i cannot logon into SAP Personas Homepage. The root cause is SSO Logon not possible in system.

I also provided the step here:

Step1: Switch on debug mode and go to developer tools of Chrome Web Browser:

Problem occurred when SAP Personas get User Profile.

Step2: Access the get user profile URL:

System says that the user still not logged on to system yet.

Step3: After log on then I can access to SAP Personas Homepage:

Thanks all for your kind help.

Regards

Thien

hiroya_maekawa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, My customer is same situation. They needs to access server for getting profile. After that, They can connect the perosonas.

But They does not want this way to login.

I'd like to know how will you change this setting, like using SSO or another way?

Best Regards.

Hiroya Maekawa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiroya,

Currently, I haven't requested to change the setting, however, I think SSO config should work. Kindly check with your basis guy for the solution.

Regards,

Thien

hiroya_maekawa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,Thien.

Thnak you for reply.

I think my customer does not set up the SSO.

So I will talk the basis guys that they would set up it for the PERSONAS or not.

Regards.

Hiroya

hiroya_maekawa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Thien.

1.Did you create the RFC connection (Type H)?

2.And  Did you update the personas Role manualy?

3.When You use the check toop on /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI, every signals are green?

Can you check it on your system?

Best regards.

Hiroya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hiroya,

1.Did you create the RFC connection (Type H)? --> Yes

2.And  Did you update the personas Role manualy? --> Yes, but I just added for administrator role, not yet move forward to user role

3.When You use the check toop on /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI, every signals are green? --> not all signals are green, in target system we have some are yellow. However, I think the system can work perfectly.

Regards,

Thien

hiroya_maekawa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Thien.

I was sorry to reply not quicly.

I checked the other threds about personas setting.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15093970#15093970

I would resolve this issue I would tell you.

Thanks.

Hiroya.

hiroya_maekawa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for updating. I will request basis team to apply the same.

Nice day.

_Thien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how i create the RFC dest?,because i have created one but when i have tested the result it's:

~response_lineHTTP/1.0 404 Not found
~server_protocolHTTP/1.0
~status_code404
~status_reasonNot found
content-typetext/html; charset=utf-8
content-length2296
serverSAP NetWeaver Application Server / ABAP 702
~remote_addr
~uri_scheme_expandedNONE

I'm configuring Screen Personas 2.0

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How to check the HTTP connection works fine or not?

thanks!

0 Kudos

hello,

please assign system to your user from /personas/admin_ui

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Problem is not solved.

System assignment already done in /personas/admin_ui, my user id was also assign Role FULL_EDIT_ACESS with number -1 in personas roles.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Is there any configurations that I need to check.

Regards,

Thien

0 Kudos

hi thein,

only thing i can suggest currently is to check your kernel patch:

Was it working earlier?

pinging  from personas team...

Sushant

0 Kudos

also please check this thread. There were others with similar issue and Chinthan had provided a note

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

All suggestions are helpful. I had gone through of them before, but still not solved the issue. By checking this thread , I tried to use the URL like http://hostname:port/sap(bD1lbiZjPTEwMA==)/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp/index.html?log=debug&frameless=fals... with option log=debug&frameless=false. With that URL, I can access the Personas Homepage. It's weird.

FYI, here is our SAP system version:

SAP Kernel :  721_REL

Kernel Patch number : 201

I think it's old but it's hard to request for upgrade because the server is used by many people here.

Btw, thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Thien

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thien,

I can see that you are using using Personas 2.0 SP02 and the minimum kernel patch level required for it is 228. So you have to upgrade the Kernel patch to latest available on SMP (as of date 229 is available).

Please recheck the issue after kernel upgrade.

cheers

chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will request to upgrade, will keep you posted.

Nice day.

Regards,

Thien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked with the basis guy, he told that we have upgrade to latest kernel patch. Is it correct? I also attached the release information of the system, kindly advise.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Thien

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kernel patch in the screen shot shows clearly 201, so if you want to be on the latest, you'll need to upgrade to 229.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I also knew that, the situation is that he, the basis guy, told me that he already upgraded to the latest patch. I cannot convince him because I don't know much 'bout how to find the latest patch for sap kernel.

I think we will leave the setting as current and try to find out what causes the issue.

Thanks for your comment.

Cheers,

Thien

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thien,

You can find the latest kernel patch from Service Market Place(SMP) under:

SMP -> Software Downloads -> SUpport Packages and Patches -> A-Z Index ->"K" -> SAP Kernel 32-BIT-UNICODE -> SAP Kernel 7.21 32-bit unicode -> your OS -> your DB

You can see the version of disp+work package to know the latest patch available.

Please note Personas 2.0 SP2 has dependency on this kernel code hence it needs to be updated and there is no workaround for it.

cheers

chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Right, but upon checking it appears that for their operating system and DB, 201 indeed looks to be the latest out there:

In fact, I checked several other OS/DB combinations but the situation seems to be the same for all of them.

I must be looking at this in a wrong way... what's missing?

0 Kudos

path should be "database independent".....