cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to get system id of alias SAP_LocalSystem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Does anybody know what mean the error message "Failed to get system id of alias SAP_LocalSystem" in Log Viewer? I get bunch of the errors on several test servers (including ones, installed by SAP colleagues in Walldorf).

Seems the error appear when accessing WebDynpro iViews.

Note: all applications work, just a lot of error messages in LogViewer.

Our product is set of WebDynpro applications and EP services deployed to EP6.0.

The errors did appear in SAPWAS SP7/EP6.0SP6 and now they have the same appearance in SP10 (everything of this SP).

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

May be it is something related to permissions.

If u are accessing it via UserA then UserA has to be

checked as enduser in portal permissions for the system u created for webdynpro.

Lemme know if it worked or it is not wat u are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

thanks for your reply!

When I create Portal iView on top of WebDynpro, I select "SAP_LocalSystem" system like it's recommended in guides and the only system available in the drop-down list (so I didn't create any custom systems). However in System Landscape I can't find the system, so I guess it's something internal.

How could I check the permissions for the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can try finding it.

But itz easy to build a new system for webdynpros.(u can find a good guide on sdn)

Initially i got the same error and worked fine when i created a newsystem and set the permissions in

system administration > permissions>systemlandscape>newsystem.

Try this, meanwhile will find out the default system.

Gudluck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I haven't find a guide how to create a specific system for WebDynpro, may be you could point on one?

I would really appreciate that!

In mean time I've tried to create HTTP system (which seems more appropriate as others) - and the system does not appear in selection list when I create a WebDynpro iView.

Answers (0)