Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'keytool' is not recognised

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am trying to follow the blog . As part of that, I am trying to add the certificate to smp_keystore and hence I need to execute following command.

C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration>keytool -import -v -alias sapgatewaycert -keystore smp_keystore.jks -storepasspassword -file C:\Users\Krishna\Desktop\es1_smp.cer

But I get an error saying

'keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

I also see that there is no 'keytool' executable file under configuration directory.

What am I missing?

thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi..

Keytool will be under you C:\ProgramFiles\Java\JRE\bin folder..give that path in the command window and run..so your command should be something like

C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration>C:\ProgramFiles\Java\JRE\bin\keytool -import -v -alias sapgatewaycert -keystore smp_keystore.jks -storepasspassword -file C:\Users\Krishna\Desktop\es1_smp.cer

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rakhit,

I am close, but now I get error

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file."

May be some problem with the syntax.

I tried as below.

C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_55\bi

n\keytool -import -v -alias sapgatewaycert -keystore smp_keystore.jks -storepass

password -file C:\Users\Krishna\Desktop\es1_smp.cer

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Use the path to the keytool file from the explorer tab..

I assume you found the key tool file under the folder..Probably if you are using a 64bit machine it will be under the ProgramFiles(x64) folder..

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Rakshit Doshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Not sure if you have resolved this issue. Make sure you set the enviromental variables correctly.

You can go with JDK latest version or JRE 7

JAVA_HOME : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7

PATH:  %JAVA_HOME%\bin

Regards,

JK