cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot attach documents at order operation level in PM order.

sandykalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to EHP6 and I have activated the EAM business functions including LOG_EAM_CI_6. In my PM work order, on the Additional Data tab, I can see the "Document Assignment" section at the bottom. Here I attach an existing document and choose Assign to Order. Then I attach another existing document and choose Assign to Operation (0010). After saving the order if I go back into it (IW32/IW33). the document assigned to order header is still there but the document attached to the operation disappears.

I have defined the document type that I am assigning at header level and operation level in Customizing for Cross-Application Components under Document Management --> Control Data --> Define Document Types. I have also specified in Customizing that the assignment to objects PMAUFK (order) and/or PMAFVC (operation) is allowed for the document type of those documents.

Can someone please advise what's wrong here ? I have to attach/assign docs to operations.

Thanks,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Ok, thank you

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

How you did customization for PMAUFK (order) under spro settings. can you please help me on the same . we are also on  EHP6 .

Reg,

chandu.

sandykalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

You need to do two things :

1. Customization settings as explained in the above thread by Savas.
  2. Implement SAP note 1881544.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Sandy

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sandy,

Thanks for the response. we are not following with PRT operation and looking  to attach document against maintenance order(IW32) object level . Please check my post on scn...@

Thanks,

chadu.

stephan_bantlin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

with the Busines Function LOG_EAM_VE_INT documents can be attched to Task List.

If BF LOG_EAM_VE_INT can or shall not be activated (BF LOG_EAM_VE_INT is not available in EhP5) the customers have to maintain the required customizing settings manually. The manual activities are described in SAP Note 1821916.

This is done in the same way as in LOG_EAM_CI6 for PM order.

When both are activated you can attach documents on header and on operation level

thanks

Stephan

0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

Please, I did the setting as the document you passed, Appendix_to_SAP_Note_1821916 Config DMS Order. Eu consigo inserir a document in DMS, transaction CV01N and CV02N, but in IW31 / IW32 transaction does not visualize the flap to insert the document as shown below:

Example of Need

Please you or the group could advise me what I need to do to qualify is needed.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio,

Appreciate if you can open a new thread, so others will be able to answer and provide resolution

Regards

Terence

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy

Can you please make sure two things:

1) IMG --> DMS --> Control Data --> Define Document Types --> Select Doc Type ---> Define Object Links. It must be something similar to this one. Without entering CREATE DOCUMENT settings, you may not be allowed to attach a document. That might be causing the issue. If you do not want from within IW31, someone is creating documents then make sure this setting has value =2.

One more possible reason for this is 1:n field in this same setting. If 1:n is not selected, please read the help for that field and make sure the uniqueness of your document attachment to objects.

2) IMG --> DMS --> Control Data --> Maintain Screen for Object Link

For this one make sure that you have a screen entry for PMAUFK and PMAFVC.

Now if attachment does not work, try creating a document and let us know what is the error message.

And do you know that there is another way of attaching documents to the operation which is attaching them as PRT. Just select the operation, click on PRT button and select document and attach it.

I hope this will help.

Regards

Savas

Message was edited by: Savas Yazici

sandykalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Savas. In my system, while defining the object links for the object, there were no entries for objects  AFVC, PMAUFK and PMAFVC. Only the entry for AUFK in the Object list was there. Could this be the reason why only attachments assigned to header (Order NO.) are only being retained ?

I hit the "New Entries" button and created entries for objects PMAUFK and PMAFVC. This I am sure is not how objects are configured and reckon my two entries are just bland entries sitting there. If so, can you please advise how to correctly create and configure the objects - AFVC, PMAUFK and PMAFVC in the system ?

Thankx,

Sandy

sandykalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Savas,

I think the above missing object AFVC may not be the culprit. If you have attachments assigned ONLY to operations, they show up. If you have attachments ONLY to header they show up too. But if you have attachments to both header and operations, only the attachments assigned to header are shown. The operations attachments disappear. However, if you now delete the header attachment, the operations attachment appear back here.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks,

Sandy

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy

Sorry for the late response. The logic in the Additional Data Tab is a little bit different. In order to attach a document to the work order operation, you need to attach it to the order first. And then when you attach it to the operation, SAP removes it from the header. But if you still want to keep a separate link at the header level, you need to do the assignment again.

But again, the traditional way of attaching a document to the operation is using the PRT screens.

Regards

Savas

sandykalra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Savas,

This has been fixed by implementing SAP note 1881544 . It was a bug in SAP and I had raised an OSS note.

Cheers,

Sandy