cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Disable New Window and New Tab in Browser.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please let us know How to Disable  New Window and New Tab in Browser or any Process to block New Window and New Tab .

Please Share me Suggestions and Solution required it's urgent .(Portal 7.0 SP12)

Thanks to Advanced.

Thank and Regard's,

Durga Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't block it on the server, only on client. What browser are you using? What version of it? Newer IE versions default to tabbed browsing but there is some configuration settings that you might want to have a look at.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for giving replay .

But i need to be implement in portal.Client side browser setting need to control.Please let us know the process in Login page and Master Head level any logic or  any identification for clicking new window and Tab. IE browser .

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,

you can not detect this kind of action within an Internet site. So again my question? Why should the user not open a new Tab, when he works in the portal. You can modify an IView not to open in a new Tab or IE-Instance, but I think you know this allready.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank Thomas,

But Client Requirement.once he login  portal Session in same window level only need to work.no need to open.once open new window are any thing i need to close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a workaround would a desktop shortcut for your portal work?

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k <portal url>

If you create a shortcut like this, IE will open up in kiosk mode which doesn't have any toolbar enabled.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for what reason do you need this. Maybe there is another solution to achieve your goal.

Greetings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may disable the options for tab and new window in browser setting. For IE, Go to Tools-> Internet Options->General

Check the settings under tab section

In order to have the settings at global level, please check with network admin to disable the setting for all users.