cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM - Function Module for Origin of Specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP QM Gurus,

I want to add Material Search Stratgey in the drop down menu of Origin of Insp char in QC02.

In SPRO - Im able to create it but what is the function module to be entered or created - what is the purpose of function module.

How can i view the existing function module for other options.

Please guide me through.....

Pl refer attached file....

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to write the Function module.  SAP only provides the 5 FM's already configured in to the best of my knowledge.

Why are you expecting to find a FM for "Material Search Strategy"?  I'm not even sure what you mean by that.  You would need to elaborate on that.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Below is the exact requirement : kindly go thru and suggest further.

User Req :

We are attempting to standardize the process of setting up COA formats.  Some customers do not require specific batch search strategies, so when picked, the shipment delivery defaults to the Material Batch Search Strategy.  However, this is not an option for the Origin of Inspection Specifications.

Many other customers require specification ranges on their COAs.  This change would allow us to default to the ranges found in the Material BSS, if a Customer BSS doesn't exist, rather than having to create a Customer BSS for each sku/customer combination.
Please advise more....
Thanks in advance.....
former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes.. I understand the requirement.  I have done that scenario before myself.  And you can do it two ways.  You write FM for it and configure it in as a choice for spec origin, or you modify the sapscript and include new text elements.  This text elements can also be used to include coding to get certain information.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for the info.

The function module will be written by ABAPers.

Btw, What are the details i need to prepare and give to the abap team for the new function module.

Please elaborate more on the scripts suggestion u mentioned.

Thanks in Advance,

Mudassar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They should be able to look at the FM's that currently exist.  Then can copy one of these and insert your custom code to go get the BSS data.  I would think it should follow your standard BSS strategies, i.e. customer level first, then probably material.  I have no idea as I don't know your strategies.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Correct me if Im wrong:

I still have some doubts.

- What is BSS - Batch Search strategy in QM Certificate profile

- The inspection specification range/values is the data the user wants to get in the COA.

- When you use VCH3 -> ZZ02 -> select and enter material -> selection criteria -> the classification screen appears with characteristic   and values in general tab - so, are the values/ranges mentioned here needed for the COA.

- If only the value/ranges are required - the original measured values will be printed automatically against the spec value/ranges.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yss. BSS means Batch Search Strategy.  BSS are not specific to the Cert profile.  You have your BSS set up in VCH*  so I believe that is sales batch search strategy.

So you have to but the code in the FM to first go through your BSS for a value for the charcteristic and if nothing found, use the regular spec from wherever you are maintaining that.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

I have created the function module and attached to the material search strategy.

But, when i tried to change thru QC02 - it says

YOU CANNOT USE THE COMBINATION OF SPECIFICATIONS (Z7) AND RESULTS (12).

Is there any other setting I need to take care of.

What is the use of - Allowed combination of specification and value origins in SPRO/Define data origin/choose activity.

Thanks

Mudassar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. you need to maintain an entry in that config section.

Think about it.  If you don't use batches and just use MIC's, you don't want someone to try and pull the specs from the batch and results (values) from MIC's.  In that case, spec and values need to come from the MIC's.  So SAP has this check table in it to make sure you don't pick a disallowed combination. Since you created a custom FM for specs, you must link it with the allowed value origins.

Craig