cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which view format is preferred in Ui5 development ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Started with Ui5 a week back and documentation is really good. But when getting hands on with this made me bewildered. Can anyone help me with below queries

1) Which view is preferred in application development for UI5 ? i can only see Js sample codes in documentations. (IS JS only preferred for development)

2) Is it possbile to use mixture of View formats in an application ? (XML view and its controller for one screen and HTML view for other screen)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) you can refer and

2) XML view supports mix of XML and plain HTML. refer SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

When i look at the api reference of SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit  i get the below error. Is something wrong ?

HTTP Status 404 - /sdk/docs/docs/api/symbols/sap.ui.core.mvc.View.html

type Status report

message /sdk/docs/docs/api/symbols/sap.ui.core.mvc.View.html

description The requested resource is not available.

rauf_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I think  the some problem with you link. Click Here to see the MVC documentation.

And about your View type doubt. During intila days of SAPUI5 development SAP was recommending JS View types that's why you get all documentation in JS Views later on it said to switch to HTML Views and now SAP highly recommends XML Views only.

Hence go for XML Views .

Regards,

Rauf Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the link referring before

sapui5.netweaver.ondemand.com/sdk/#docs/guide/91f27e3e6f4d1014b6dd926db0e91070.html

To my question ,

How can i decode the source code which is written in JS in documentation  to XML for my applications.

rauf_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

There no toll available to convert JS to XML. You will have to convert JS View to XML on your own after understanding it.

I too faced this problem in my early days. But its easy after you understand it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you help me to understand this conversion with any example ?

Also i cannot find any documentation using XML views and specifying its properties.

rauf_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes sure.

See JS Source Code of Following SimpleForm control :

Click Here

Conversion Example of the same JS SimpleForm in XML SimpleForm : see attached File.

Try to compare JS and XML Views.

Regards,

Rauf