cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIORI: How to predefine catalogs for users in their launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want our users to get a predefined catalog with the apps intended for them when they login for the first time to the Fiori launchpad. So, when a users logs on for the first time, he should automatically see the apps for which the user has access to. We do not want to train the uses on how to add the apps and create catalogs. We want to show all the apps the user has access to as a single catalog and we want to push this to all the users in the organization.

We will be having around 20000 users and we do not expect to train them on how to add apps and create catalogs when they login for the first time. That might reduce fiori's adoption rate among the users.

From the authorization level, i have restricted the users from creating, changing catalogs. But how we a default a catalog with apps to be shown to all users in our organization? Any ideas anyone. Is this even possible in Fiori?

Best Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I see below steps.

- So first step for you is to create a common role which can be assigned to all users in your organization.

- Next step is to create a catalog with all common applications and assign it to above role.

- Next you create one or more groups, which will cover all applications that are part of the above created common catalog. This group needs to be assigned to the same above role.

- Now assign this common role to all users in your org.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I guess that should work.

However, im facing problems transporting the configurations. When i create the catalog and group in CUST mode, and assign the customizing request, it actually does not save onto the request.

Do i have to do anything extra for transporting the catalog and groups i created? I could  not test it since i could not transport it to Q. Unfortunately i cannot test it in dev directly.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Varun

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

If there is no object in transport request, please apply this note.

1996020 - FLP objects that start with Y* and Z* cannot be transported to the customer system

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa. That solved the transport issue.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Did you get any answer to the question you asked for. Please could you share if you have solved the issue. I have the same issue and the transport task does not have object list for the catalog and groups and how this can be transported to QA system. 

Thanks Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Worries - I will check Masa notes and see if that works. Thanks Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved the issue with masa suggested notes. Thanks Uma.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Krishna,

It worked. However, there is a small issue.

The group name is not being carried forward.

I defined the name of the group as 'My Approvals' but when I launch the launchpad for the user, the group name is shown as 'New Group Name'.

Is something missing? Either a note or a config step?

Regards,

Varun

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not have any problem.

When I create a new group, I give name as well as ID. Did you give the name as 'New Group Name' ?

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, in the launchpad, if you create a new group and do not give your own name, it gets a default name 'New Group Name'.

but in this case, i gave a name as 'My Approval's when i created the group from the launchpad configuration tool as the administrator. And i can see the same name in the PFCG role menu when i assigned the group to the role.

Any idea?

Regards,

Varun

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Could you share screenshots?

What is support package level for UI add-on and SAPUI5 library version?

The latest one is SP08 with UI5 library 1.20.8.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We are on SP07 UI Library Version 1.18.7.

I couldn't figure out what the problem's root cause was, but when i got old transport reverted and then created a fresh transport, it worked.

Also another thing which i did was that i deleted a group that i had already created locally in the Q Launchpad which had the same name as the group i was transporting from Dev to Q. I cannot assume that this solved the issue since we can still create any number of groups locally with the same name. The application does not restrict duplicate group names.

Any way, now everything seems to be fine.

Thank you.

Regards,

Varun