cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document (Premature end of file.)

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am using a cascaded mapping in my OM. I have a graphical mapping followed by the Java mapping. It is a flat file to IDOC mapping. Everything works fine in Dev but when I transport the same objects to QA, the Operation mapping though it doesn't fail in ESR testing tool, gives the following message and there is no output generated for the same payload which is successfully tested in DEV. Please advise on what could be the possible reasons.

Unable to display tree view; Error when parsing an XML document (Premature end of file.)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To see what was the generated output, click the src icon. It should give you an idea what is missing to make it a valid xml.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

kalyan,

There seems to be an invalid xml payload which causes this error in ESR not generating the tree view. Please find the similar error screenshot and rectify the payload.

Mutti

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

If you have a cascade mapping you can test one mapping before the other. For example you test your first mapping, take the output and test your second mapping; obviously you would need to change the OM between tests.

Probably, if you have a java mapping the output is not generating the XML header or introducing a junk character, link Eng said previously.

Regards.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

I did test the 2 individual mappings separately and getting the same result from the first mapping, but failing in the second java mapping.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You would need to insert in the java code "trace.addlog" instructions in order to know where the payload is not generating correctly.

Regards.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

That error description is caused by an invalid XML structure in your test payload. You need to make sure that the payload is a well-formed XML.

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

It is the same payload, so there is no problem with the XML