cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving valuation data for material XXX Plant XXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

While creating miro for one material I am getting this error.

Following checks I have done from my end.

-Valuation details in material master

- Split valuation configuration

- Pricing procedure

All are perfect..Please help...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Does initially the material is not subjected to split valuation ? and after the creation of the PO , by deleting the PO does split valuation is planned for the material ? and after that open up the PO ? and make ready for MIRO ?

also please check the EKPO table for this PO for the field BWTTY( Valuation Category is with a value say S if so make it blank through the PO.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir it is blank only..Attaching a screen shot for the same.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my personal opinion is this KBA not really adding much value as it does not even explain the root cause and how it is expected to be according to the design is as well with errors

"The valuation from po item is not the same  as the material in mm04 "

we all know that MM04 is displaying change history but not necessarily the value which was entered. It probably should have mentioned MM03 instead of MM04.

If your material is split valuated, then check in the accounting view what valuation category you have.

if the first part of the sentence from the note is correct, then it is like I said: the MBEW-BWTTY and the EKPO-BWTTY have to be equal.

Hence the advice from the note to remove the BWTTY is just wrong, or the preconditions of this note did not apply to your situation.

If you want test something, then make EKPO-BWTTY equal to MBEW-BWTTY and test your scenario again.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which company code you are carrying out invoice verification (MIRO) for your purchase order?

1st check- what is your valuation area in t.code:OX14 and find your company code in your purchase order in t.code:ME23N. Now cross check did you use same company code in invoice verification which you have in your purchase order.

NOTE:

Use t.code:MIRO and enter,Next screen, go to “Menubar” and click ‘Edit’, then click ‘Switch Company Code”. Now enter your correct company code in small pop up screen and do invoice verification.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is that case the note 1382662 - MIRO: Inconsistencies in matls subject to split valuation Can be tried for corrections . If not as Jurgen said apply for sap message .

Regards,

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your material master first-

Did accounting view maintained

If, yes, then check valuation class,

If,yes,then check valuation type maintained in material master

Now did your goods receipt document have posted with valuation type where later you want post invoice for that material!

Also you can cross check -your plant active for material type for which that material master created.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,No issues with these settings..

There is one more details.

This material was maintained earlier without valuation category and transaction were done.

Later valuation category was added by taking SAP help. By reversing all transaction.

But now when all settings are corrected it is still not working...

can we do anything here..Pls comment..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually it is not possible to change a valuation category if you have already documents in your system.

If SAP changed it for you, then they either forget something to change or you did not do  a full process test after their change.

Is your PO created after SAP has changed the material or before?

If they had reversed all transactions, then you should not touch those reversed POs again, then you should have to use only POs that were created after, except they changed the POs as well.

I think you have no really another option that contacting SAP once more to finish the job.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As SAP has done some changes in your system for the material for the split valuation and now you have also faced problem with this material and for the split valuation area.

So you should not do any changes for the material or the PO number.

Without any other thinking, you should contact SAP again.

That will be the best and appropriate solution for this material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share error screen shot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see this screen shot..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This KBA 1872074 is talking about field EKPO-BWTTY  which is not equal to your field MBEW-BWTTY

You could at least have given the values of both fields as proof that this note is not of any help.

What values do you see in those fields in your system?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to post any amount directly to material ?

Please explain more about your scenario what you have done in MIRO ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No sir,

We are not trying to add anything.

Just simple MIRO..Still getting this error...

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below notes from sap which are relevant for the same .

1448216 - MIRO: Error message M8829

1872074 - Message no. M8829, TCode MIRO

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,I have read these notes,,Its not helping...Please advise if any solution.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the message number you are getting?

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

they say a correction . have you looked into part ? whather the corrections coding existing in your system or not ?

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How could you post this note 1872074 raghavendra sai

and how could you have read this note Shweta Sinha ?

this note is not released

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi seems this is active .

and contains some useful information . this might help .

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks, interesting, now I can open it too, but before your link ended in an error message "document not released"

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir ,I am talking about M8829..I have read this.

This is the message no also...

I did not get any help from this..

Kindly revert...Thanks