cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Engine Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using Crystal Reports Enterprise 8.5 for quite some time.  Today when we schedule a report to format Adobe Acrobat the reports fail.  These reports did not fail in the past so we know they work fine.  The error we are getting is Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is our month end and we need reports desperately.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sue,

There is a relative SAP Notes that you should check:

1697654 - Error "Print Engine Error/PDF" when exporting a Crystal report to PDF format

Cause

The font type used in Text Object is not supported by Adobe Acrobat Reader. Due to which the report is unable to export in PDF format

Since, the printing function was working in the past, I would focus my troubleshooting research on the changes made to the report.

Regards,

Ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue,

1. Open same report in Crystal Reports Designer.

2. Go to File menu.

3. Select "Page Setup"

4. Check "No Printer" option.

5. Publish it again to repository.

Now check if it works.

-Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ilias and Mahesh for your suggestions.

Though no changes have been made to any of the report(s).   All reports are affected that had been working fine as of June 26th.  Also, if we choose the format of Word or RTF the reports fail for these formats too.

We have a test server for Crystal Enterprise where we test the reports before we move them to production and there are no issues for any of the reports when we run to a PDF there.  Just on the production server.  I will check with our systems personnel to make certain that the fonts on the server have not changed.

We are in the process of rebuilding the production server on another computer with the build on it prior to June 26th.  Don't know if that will work but is worth a try.

I have also changed one report per Mahesh's suggestion and set the "No Printer" option for it.  I cannot publish the report to the server where we are having issues so I need to wait for someone at our main office to publish.  Once published, I will then try it.  Again, the report works fine on the test server even with a printer assigned to it.

Let you know if any of these solutions work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ilias and Mahesh for your suggestions.

Though no changes have been made to any of the report(s).   All reports are affected that had been working fine as of June 26th.  Also, if we choose the format of Word or RTF the reports fail for these formats too.

We have a test server for Crystal Enterprise where we test the reports before we move them to production and there are no issues for any of the reports when we run to a PDF there.  Just on the production server.  I will check with our systems personnel to make certain that the fonts on the server have not changed.

We are in the process of rebuilding the production server on another computer with the build on it prior to June 26th.  Don't know if that will work but is worth a try.

I have also changed one report per Mahesh's suggestion and set the "No Printer" option for it.  I cannot publish the report to the server where we are having issues so I need to wait for someone at our main office to publish.  Once published, I will then try it.  Again, the report works fine on the test server even with a printer assigned to it.

Let you know if any of these solutions work.