cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority. SAP Business One is unable to connect to the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue with connecting client SB1H on Windows, the scenario is as follows:

1.- Server:

Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.3 kernel version: 3.0.76-0.11 IBM

NDB and Server are review 69 SP06

2.- Client:

Windows 8 Pro Virtual Machine on Microsoft Hyper-V

SB1H PL 11 version 32bits    

SAP HANA Studio version 1.0.60

When I run SB1H the following message appears:

There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority. SAP Business One is unable to connect to the server.

Any idea what could be the solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan,

When I reinstall Server tools installation freezes at 63% process, anyone know why this happens?

oscar_pena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Raul,

I have the same problem "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted Certifying authority. SAP Business One is Unable to connect to the server".

Has a solution?

Thank you for your help.

Oscar

former_member46641
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Raul, Oscar

open the file ..\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf\b1-local-machine.xml

in the node:

<node name="SAP Business One">

<leaf kind="single" name="LicenseServer" type="String">

<value>hanab1:30000</value>

</leaf>

change it to: hanab1:40000

where hanab1 is the name of your Hana server.

Hope this help  you

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jay_cheah
Explorer
0 Kudos

For anyone who still looks at this today, enabling TLS1.2 on my SAP server has caused the client to fail, but underlying SQL server was also impacted and it wasn't clear.

Resolution was to enable security protocols back on the server:

https://2clogblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/04/sql-server-the-server-was-unable-to-initialize-encryption...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have same error .. in my case i use window server 2008 r2 enterprise installed sap b1 client..

im trying to access the sap notes link above but it has login form what should i do?

former_member209954
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I just had this very same issue this morning - I'm using a Windows 2008 R2 Server. I uninstalled all Microsoft Windows' hot fixes that were installed earlier this very same morning, and that did the trick. I don't know which is the culprit. Here is the list of hot fixes I uninstalled:

- KB3161608

- KB3170106

- KB3168965

- KB3164035

- KB3164033

- KB3163245

- KB3162835

- KB3161958

- KB3161949

- KB3161608

- KB3161561

- KB3159398

- KB3139923

I'm trying to narrow it down - will do that next weekend when I can have the server all for myself.

Best Regards,

Manuel

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

We are also using Windows 2008 R2 Server, and are having the same issue.

The updates that were installed last night for us were:

-KB3172605

-KB3170455

-KB3170106*

-KB3168965*

-KB3163245*

*Also in your list.

We will uninstall these as well to get the connection up and running again.

I understand that SAP do not recommend uninstalling these updates, but what other solution is there to get around this issue?

Best Regards,

Charlie

former_member209954
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

After doing a more thorough research, I found the following links:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3922951

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2334025

The second one is "SAP official position". I don't really like their suggestion so, for the time being, I've declined the KB's mentioned in the article.

I hope it helps!

Manuel

edward_tollenaar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Today I had the same on our Windows Server 2012R2. For me, changing the server.xml file helped as described in https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2334025.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KB3172605 was our culprit. We uninstalled and it worked fine. Desktop Mgmt didn't like that solution, so we googled and found this: here. However, another Windows update might cause issues. We're racing to get BI Suite 4.2 installed before that happens !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charilie,

Before im also uninstalling the security updates of my server, but however, didn't like that solution. I tried editing the SSL Cipher on the server and now it works perfectly.

Thank you and Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There, we had the same error message on a windows 10 workstations that did an security update overnight of KB3163018.

We simply uninstalled the security patch and SAP worked normally again.

This only effected windows 10 workstations, anyone using windows 7 Pro did not have any issue on the same network.

Hope it helps.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP note,

2331786 - Older SAP Business One clients are suddenly unable to connect to server

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

this problem occure due to window 10 update.

Please follow this

http://scn.sap.com/message/16781373#16781373

Regards

Bhanu

siewpingtan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

i am facing same problem too, my user's computer showing "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority. SAP Business One is unable to connect to the server." when double-click on SAP icon on windows 10 desktop, then i go to "view installed update" from appwiz.cpl and uninstall most recent "Microsoft Windows" update named "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB#######)" then restart computer

and viola~. now my user are able to login to SAP.

and just for the records, for my case the security update patch is KB3163017 has caused the issue.